Shelter needs wk of Feb 19

19 Feb 2012 13:50 #1 by IMHS
Hello Everyone!

This week the IMHS shelter has several unique needs:

- dog sweaters for dogs sized 20lbs (used is fine!). We took in 2 young Australian kelpies who are victims of very bad breeding and they're in sad, pitiful shape. They are underweight, have itchy skin and are in need of lots of TLC. They also need HOMES if anyone is able to take on a sweetie girl (or 2!) who may need to have their poor skin managed long-term

- a working microwave for the surgery suite

- a door mat

- canned dog food

- handsoap, the kind in the little dispenser to sit by the sinks- we need several of these

- a radio, and a portable CD player. We are playing classical music for the animals during the day and our cd player broke. Used is fine! We'd like to put one in the clinic as well

- another HEPA air filter, model 50255. This is our big-ticket wishlist item, and they are sold at Home Depot. The model we needs costs $175 and we need it for our surgery suite

We're thrilled to report that we've sent 22 animals to new homes so far this month! Thanks again, so much, to everyone for the ongoing support for the shelter animals.

Marta Anderson
Shelter Director
OPEN 7 DAYS/WEEK FOR ADOPTIONS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2012 14:17 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Shelter needs wk of Feb 19
Got you covered on the radio/cd player. I'll drop it off in the next 2 days.

22 Feb 2012 20:23 #3 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Shelter needs wk of Feb 19
Thanks for the radio/cd player. (Now I've gotta listen to classical music all day.) :)

We also received the air filter today and an extra filter.

We got some canned dog food and bleach too.

Thank you everyone, it was an awesome day! I love my job.

22 Feb 2012 21:41 #4 by ScienceChic

pacamom wrote: Thanks for the radio/cd player. (Now I've gotta listen to classical music all day.) :)

We also received the air filter today and an extra filter.

We got some canned dog food and bleach too.

Thank you everyone, it was an awesome day! I love my job.

:like: :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds