IMHS raffle- HDTV! WINE! KINDLE! CASH! Cheap tickets= WIN!!

12 Mar 2012 15:23 #1 by IMHS
Hi Everyone!

I'm bursting with excitement to deliver this announcement...PLEASE JOIN US for the BEST. RAFFLE. EVER!! & for a great cause!! Great prizes, buy lots of cheap tickets for great chances to WIN!

Our annual membership meeting and fundraising raffle is at 6.30pm (drawing at 7.30pm) on Thurs May 17 at the Elk Creek Fire Protection District, 11993 Blackfoot Rd, Aspen Park. You don't need to be present at the meeting to win, so buy tickets even if you can't come!!

Raffle tickets ON SALE NOW at IMHS, open daily. $5/each or 3 FOR $10!! Cash or checks accepted. Prizes include:

- Home Theater System (46" HDTV, Blu-Ray player, Hi-Fi speakers, 20 month warranty)

- An entire case of fine red wines from around the world, rechargeable corkscrew & charger (giant thanks to the kind folks at Biggie Liquor for their support!)

- Kindle Fire package (includes $50 Amazon.com card, leather case, Hi-Fi ear buds, car charger, neoprene sleeve, AC adapter)

- $150 King Soopers gift card

- $100 CASH

Again, you don't need to be present to win (but you must make arrangements to pick up your prizes!). For tickets...stop by the IMHS shelter 8.30am - 4pm daily, up til 7pm on Weds evenings (if arriving before we open at 11am, simply call ahead so we can listen for your knock!).

Thanks heaps, everyone! For those of you able to attend the meeting, we look forward to celebrating IMHS successes with you, and GOOD LUCK in the drawing...it's going to be a blast!!

Marta Anderson
Shelter Director
OPEN 7 DAYS/WEEK FOR ADOPTIONS & RAFFLE TICKET SALES!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2012 20:06 #2 by pacamom
Can you buy tickets anywhere else or by mail?

12 Mar 2012 20:29 #3 by ScienceChic
What's the brand on that Home Theater System and do you know which wines are in the basket? (I'm more interested in the wine, just so you know!) :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Mar 2012 21:03 #4 by mountaindollar
Can I buy online or give you a credit card over the phone?

Don't know that my hours will work with your hours so please tell me more.

13 Mar 2012 08:45 #5 by IMHS
Great Q's, all!

- raffle tickets can be purchased from any IMHS member who is selling them- at this point, Karen and I at the shelter, and our Board members, but we are in the process of recruiting more members to sell tickets (members reading this- contact us for details and so we can hook you up with ticket books!)

-the fine red wines will be selected and assembled by the professionals at Biggie Liquor...a surprise that's guaranteed to delight your palate! We are checking on the TV brand for you, but it's a 46" LED, 120Hz, 1080p HDTV!!

- mountaindollar- we can accept check or cash for the raffle tickets, but not credit cards. Karen will contact you today and we'll work out arrangements with your schedule to get you some tickets!! (and THANK YOU!- it's going to be a great raffle this year!)

- if anyone needs special arrangements for getting tickets, CALL US, we'll find a way to accommodate getting tickets to you at your convenience! 303-838-2668

Thanks, everyone!

Marta Anderson
Shelter Director
OPEN 7 DAYS/WEEK FOR ADOPTIONS AND RAFFLE TICKET SALES

13 Mar 2012 11:28 #6 by ScienceChic
Cool, thanks. I'll be getting mine at the IMHS Monthly Meeting Thursday night!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Mar 2012 16:46 #7 by pacamom
I will have some with on my daily outings if anyone runs into me and wants 1 or 3 or 10, etc, just let me know.

13 Mar 2012 18:43 #8 by mountaindollar
Ok, no comments from the peanut gallery all my brain registered was the 17th and I was thinking March 17th.

I would hope that I could get over to the shelter by May 17th but if any IMHS people that have tickets see me between now and then please ask me if I got my tickets.

These are awesome items I hope you make a bunch of money for the critters.

Kim

14 Mar 2012 13:52 #9 by IMHS

15 Mar 2012 14:33 - 15 Mar 2012 15:22 #10 by freebird
Here's some of the answers to your quesitons (thanks, and keep them coming!).

Mountain Dollar, if you have ANY difficulty stopping by the shelter to buy raffle tickets, feel free to call me and I can arrange to meet you or another at the usual spot (in front of the Pine Junction general store) with raffle tickets.

As background for all, the State of Colorado regs/laws over raffles requires the ticket sales proceeds be deposited and maintained in a separate bank account and restricted until the raffle drawing has occurred. We are compliant with this law, and that is the reason for the restriction of only accepting cash or checks for the ticket sales.

The grand prize is the Best Buy brand, Insignia (all 3, the LED HDTV, Blu-ray player w/ wi-fi internet streaming and the hi-fi soundbar with 6 speakers). This brand was researched on Consumer Report along with several other brands/models to ensure it was of acceptable quality. The Best Buy store personnel informed us that the Insignia screen is manufactured by LG. Let me know if you have more questions on this home theater system prize.

The wine....SC, you are asking detailed questions! j/k, I'll post soon on the name/country or region of each bottle. I can share for now that we put together (along with Biggie Liquor staff's assistance) a nice collection of different countries/regions and variety of grapes. This prize is not just a mix of 12 bottles on sale at the time of purchase. I think you will be very pleased with the total package which includes more than just the 12 bottles of wine. Personally, this prize is of more interest to me than the Kindle but to each his/her own. Of course it is hard to beat a crisp $100 bill!

Edited for details on the fine, red wines. Again, our criteria included a review of the wine rating, recommendations from Biggie, and attempt to achieve a nice compliment of countries, varieties.

. 2010 Chateux Vieux Meyney Bordeaux, France
. 2009 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel, Lodi, California
. 2010 Baracchi O'lillo! Toscana, Italy (25% Merlot, 25% Sangiovese, 25% Cab, 25% Syrah)
. 2009 Rascal Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon
. 2009 Chocolate Box Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
. 2009 Plungerhead Zinfandel, Lodi, California
. 2007 Reserva Del Fin Del Mundo Malbec, Patagonia, Argentina
. 2009 Foxglove Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, California
. 2010 Domaine Vindemio Imagine, France (50% Grenache & 50% Syrah)
. 2010 Peirano Estate Vineyards, Petit Syrah, Lodi, California
. 2007 Monte Antico Toscana, Italy (85% Sangiovese, 10% Cab, 5% Merlot)
. 2009 Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, Washington
The above is a quick list and while it should be correct and accurate, I might have an error somewhere in the lot (meaning, this is my disclosure of potential for errors :wink: )

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds