IMHS needs KITTEN FOOD...can you help?

04 Nov 2012 07:51 #1 by IMHS
Hi All-

We've sent 7 litters of kittens to foster care just in the past week and we're going through kitten chow like crazy! Babies are hearty eaters and we have 35 of them in our care right now. Items we desperately need this week include:

- kitten food- dry and canned, please! Purina Kitten Chow (yellow bag in grocery stores) or IAMS (purple bag) are both great formulas. We particularly need dry but canned helps very much, too!

- clay cat litter, the cheap non-clumping kind. We use this for kittens and again, we're still getting heavily hit with kitten season and need more clay litter for our foster caregivers

- The shelter also needs:
Gerber baby food, an indoor/outdoor thermometer, and a small dry erase board for our cat enrichment volunteers (used is fine!).

If anyone can pick up an item or two for the animals on your grocery store run this week, we'd be so appreciative!

We're pleased to report that 45 animals were adopted in October!

Pics of the week feature a couple of special shelter sweeties currently in need of homes:
Shannon is a one-yr old gorgeous fluffy black cat with a long smoke ruff around her neck. Shannon is FIV+ but otherwise healthy, and incredibly sweet! She'd love an indoor-only home with another FIV+ companion, or as an only cat (humans and other pets can NOT contract this disease from cats!):
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Wally is a FABULOUS 10-month old border collie, he's sweet, smart and utterly loveable. He's very people-focused, and loves other dogs, too. This pup will be your best friend for life! Whoever adopts him will score a wonderful companion...

File Attachment:

Thanks so much, everyone...on a personal note, as I close in on nearly one year in Colorado and at IMHS, I often reflect on how lucky I am to have landed in such a compassionate community with so may supporters of our local shelter. Folks in this mountain community demonstrate to me every day that they really have a big heart for animals, and make me so proud to be a Foothills resident!

Thank you again,
Marta Anderson
Shelter Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2012 12:51 #2 by JMC
See you tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds