Can you FOSTER A DOG or PUP this wknd for IMHS?

11 Apr 2013 08:49 #1 by IMHS
Hello Everyone!

Our shelter is full to capacity and there are needy dogs we'd like to admit to our shelter ASAP for care and adoption. If you are able to FOSTER a dog for IMHS to help us out for a few days until we can free up some space in our shelter, please CALL US at 303-838-2668 and fill out the on-line app at IMHS.org!

Current foster candidates include (YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PICK!):

Amy the puppy- 10 wk old female, sweet and social! Needs to return Sunday a.m. for spaying:
File Attachment:

Annie- 5 yr old chocolate lab/Weimeraner mix- VERY sweet dog, likes people of all ages and other dogs:
File Attachment:

Benny! 9 yr old terrier/Pekingese mix, lively and a real character, likes other dogs and people:
File Attachment:

Benny and I had a very frank discussion about his needs this morning and he indicates a having a depression problem. He wants to be chosen the most, so here's his best "love me" plea:
File Attachment:

Benny really is a jackpot of wisdom (and may also be able to help you with your taxes):
File Attachment:

Eli is also a great candidate, I'm having technical problems with posting his photo but see our "dogs-dogs-dogs" thread or our web site at IMHS.org for his pic! He's a lovely 1 yr old male, Lab/German Shepherd/Aussie. Likes other dogs and peeps of all ages.

Thank you, everyone, and again--if you are able to foster a dog for just 2-3 days for us (even just overnight!) please CALL US at 303-838-2668 and fill out the on-line app at IMHS.org.

We appreciate your help!
Marta Anderson
Shelter Director
OPEN EVERY DAY for ADOPTIONS and RAFFLE TICKET SALES
LIKE us on Facebook!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2013 13:25 #2 by JMC
Come on people, we can help, just one or two nights.we can do something.

11 Apr 2013 15:36 #3 by pacamom
They are actually ok now on space for the dogs. I am on the list to take Annie if needed. (I figured it was easier to call and talk to them rather than posting here since I didn't think they would be checking back here)

:happydog:

11 Apr 2013 15:45 #4 by mountaindollar
Anyone know if the little Boston Terrier has been adopted?

I am hitting up all the folks I know about him.

IMHS website seems to be out of date on a lot of the pages.

Thanks

11 Apr 2013 16:04 #5 by pacamom
It's is probably just easiest to call them to find out 303-838-2668. I didnt ask about any of the small dogs because I can only take big ones.

11 Apr 2013 16:26 #6 by IMHS
**BIG THANKS** to those of you who were able to come through for us on this need! Amy and...(drum roll please!!)...BENNY went to foster care for the next few nights. Thank you, volunteers, we appreciate it SO much!

IMHS is always recruiting for responsible, loving foster homes to provide temporary care in a home environment for animals in need of a little extra TLC or when we're pinched for space in the shelter. Apply on-line at IMHS.org or swing by any day--the shelter is open daily!

From our hearts, thanks again, everyone!

Marta Anderson
Shelter Director

11 Apr 2013 16:31 #7 by IMHS
Hello MountainDollar~

Thanks so much for asking about Thomas! He was very, very fearful in the shelter and we transferred him to the care of Mid America BT Rescue so he could receive care in a low-key home environment until his forever home could be found. Check them out at: www.petfinder.com/shelters/bostonterrierrescue.html

Thank you again for your interest and if you'd like to get on our breed request list for a BT, call us any day between 8am - 4pm at 303-838-2668.

Marta Anderson
Shelter Director

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds