Remeber Pretzel?

01 Mar 2014 16:01 #1 by IMHS
Remeber Pretzel? was created by IMHS
For those of you who may or may not- I will refresh your memory... Pretzel was an owner surrender dropped off at our shelter last June. Pretzel had extreme animal aggression and a bite history. IMHS reached out to a couple different local animal behaviorists and tried multiple behavior modification plans... Unfortunately, each plan was unsuccessful. After being in the kennel for so long, he began to deteriorate mentally. His aggression and unpredictability heightened and we had exhausted all resources trying to obtain alternative placement. We were told by many professionals that his animal aggression was so severe, he would NEVER be able to be placed in a home with any type of animal.

IMHS staff heard about a board and train program with a highly respectable trainer in Colorado... Staff, volunteers, and Board Members wanted to contribute to the costs of his training- because of their support Pretzel was able to get the help he needs.

NOW- when I first saw this picture... I seriously thought he had been photo shopped into it because it is AMAZING that he has progressed this far and so fast!

Enjoy the pic! I thought everyone might like a "happy ending" story and we will make sure to continue our updates for Pretzel to keep everyone in the "loop."

Warm Regards,

Carrie David
Shelter Director
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2014 18:11 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Remeber Pretzel?
Great to see success stories. I hate reading about people who fail their pets by not training them correctly. Many times this can be a tough challenge but very rewarding when it works out.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds