IMHS will be closed Sundays- Now re-opened on Sun- eff 6-22

12 May 2014 21:57 - 19 Jun 2014 21:20 #1 by IMHS
InterMountain Humane Society will be closed to the public on Sundays until further notice. Now re-opened on Sundays!

Shelter hours are daily 11am-4pm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2014 12:42 #2 by pacamom
Why not close on a day during the week instead of one of the days that the majority of people can actually make it during your limited open hours?

Are you closed only on Sundays?

Or Sundays and Mondays? (per your website and your signature)

21 May 2014 08:43 #3 by homeagain
I think they are "re-grouping" and need time to re-structure their operation. It is my hope that
the restructure will be short and the operation can regain some stability. From my understanding
of the the history of IMHS....periodically the operation goes thru peaks and valleys. (per a vet
who has history with IMHS for over two decades.)

It is a THANKLESS job...not enough money, not enough help and MORE AND MORE animals that
are in need.....stepping up to the plate and giving IMHS some physical assistance, as a volunteer
is probably what is MOST needed right now.

The call for more volunteers has been issued, my guess is IMHS is woefully lacking in manpower.

Is there anyone who is willing to GIVE OF THEIR TIME to allow IMHS some much needed support?

21 May 2014 14:25 #4 by pacamom
re-grouping? Is this recent news? Recent, since May 15th?
No mention at the meeting last week of any regrouping.
But I see they have a new president - not mentioned at the meeting, so I guess this happened less than a week ago?

Could you point me to the call for volunteers? I have not seen any requests.

There is an obvious lack of "information" from IMHS these days.

It is unfortunate that no one wants to help anymore, as was very apparent at the Annual Membership Meeting last week. - 4 members showed up.

And I see they have a new president - not mentioned at the meeting, so I guess this happened less than a week ago?

They do have several board positions open. Maybe they could promote that and get some much needed help with direction.

22 May 2014 00:31 #5 by HighHome

pacamom wrote: re-grouping? Is this recent news? Recent, since May 15th?
Yes
No mention at the meeting last week of any regrouping.
But I see they have a new president - not mentioned at the meeting, so I guess this happened less than a week ago?
The new board meets each year shortly after the membership meeting ( elects officers at that time)

Could you point me to the call for volunteers? I have not seen any requests.
mymountaintown.com/forums/intermountain-...e-society-imhs/30498
also, there is an 8x3 foot sign on the front of the building that says"we need volunteers"
When have you known of any non-profit to not need volunteers??

There is an obvious lack of "information" from IMHS these days.
The primary job of the paid staff is animal care. Communications generally falls to volunteers - of which there is a shortage. There is always a shortage of volunteers.

It is unfortunate that no one wants to help anymore, as was very apparent at the Annual Membership Meeting last week. - 4 members showed up.

And I see they have a new president - not mentioned at the meeting, so I guess this happened less than a week ago?
Yes

They do have several board positions open. Maybe they could promote that and get some much needed help with direction.

YES

22 May 2014 07:18 #6 by pacamom
Thank you for the information regarding the new board and the link to a 5 month old thread.

I wish IMHS the best of luck.

22 May 2014 13:20 #7 by Maineiac
Traditionally, Sundays have actually been an extremely slow day at the shelter as it seems many community members want to spend Sundays with their families so the decision to close the shelter on Sundays to give staff time with their families as well made sense.

With regard to the Board, following the annual meeting, we do decide as a Board who the Executive Committee will be and we are actively working on adding additional directors to the Board. We are a working Board, meaning we all volunteer in various ways to keep shelter administrative operations running smoothly.

And yes, we need volunteers, no matter what your skill set is, if you would like to donate some time to the shelter I'm sure we can find areas that we can use your assistance. We are always in need of dog walkers as well as people who might be able to assist us in transporting animals from other shelters and organizations into our own. We have lots of kittens right now, some of which need to be bottle-fed every two hours so foster homes for both cats and dogs are always a great need for us too.

Keep in mind the Jump4Charity event we are competing in, coming up on June 21st. We need more people to jump and even more people to sponsor those who are jumping. The IMHS Silent Auction is also coming up this summer and will be held on Saturday, August 9.

Feel free to contact us directly if you have questions, concerns or would like to volunteer with IMHS.

Thank you for your support!

Cheryl Ide
President, IMHS Board of Directors

18 Jun 2014 11:42 #8 by homeagain
Per notice on PC.....now OPEN on Sundays.....

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds