IMHS annual meeting?

14 May 2014 12:45 #1 by pacamom
IMHS annual meeting? was created by pacamom
Is the annual membership meeting this month?

I haven't seen anything advertised or posted about it, nor has anyone asked me to buy raffle tickets?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2014 13:41 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic IMHS annual meeting?
Yes, the annual meeting is tomorrow night; no, they are not doing a raffle this year. :(

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2014 14:15 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic IMHS annual meeting?
I don't remember getting a notification on the meeting and I have been a long time member.

14 May 2014 14:53 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic IMHS annual meeting?
Interesting, according to their April Board meeting minutes:
"May Member’s Meeting - Notice letters to members went out in the mail."
http://imhs.org/documents/imhs_board_mtg_2014-04.pdf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2014 15:15 #5 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic IMHS annual meeting?
We're members and didn't get a notification either.

14 May 2014 15:34 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic IMHS annual meeting?
I find their board minutes a bit lacking.

14 May 2014 17:03 #7 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic IMHS annual meeting?
Yes, the notices to membership were mailed 30+ days in advance of tomorrow evening's meeting. I am looking at the master list of mailed notices and see both of your names (assuming I know your real names) marked off as envelopes stuffed and stamped. A Board member dropped all of them off at the Pine post office so apologies if something happened (very odd). Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We do have printed notices at the shelter should you want to stop by, tomorrow, to pick one up or even call the shelter to have one faxed to you. The shelter's number is 303 838-2668.

Pacamom, IMHS is always looking for interested volunteers. The monetary pay isn't great (nada) but as you know the benefits are there in purrs and wagging tails. I'll bet you are a great minutes taker, too!

14 May 2014 20:28 #8 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic IMHS annual meeting?
Wouldn't that be one of the duties of the secretary on the board?

15 May 2014 04:42 #9 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic IMHS annual meeting?
Yes it is. I thought you might be interested in joining the Board of Directors. :)

Seriously though, I don't know what is lacking in the monthly minutes. Give them something more to work with regarding your suggestions and maybe it can be changed.

21 May 2014 14:55 #10 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic IMHS annual meeting?

freebird wrote: Yes, the notices to membership were mailed 30+ days in advance of tomorrow evening's meeting. I am looking at the master list of mailed notices and see both of your names (assuming I know your real names) marked off as envelopes stuffed and stamped. A Board member dropped all of them off at the Pine post office so apologies if something happened (very odd). Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We do have printed notices at the shelter should you want to stop by, tomorrow, to pick one up or even call the shelter to have one faxed to you. The shelter's number is 303 838-2668.

Pacamom, IMHS is always looking for interested volunteers. The monetary pay isn't great (nada) but as you know the benefits are there in purrs and wagging tails. I'll bet you are a great minutes taker, too!

I believe the normal tenure of the board President is 2 years and Matt (forget last name) has
completed his tenure. Cheryl Ides has stepped into that position. Perhaps Freebird can answer
some of the questions and provide more details.

It is far better to have new blood than to have the SAME people in the SAME positions for
years on end.....burn out is a VERY REAL problem when that occurs.....I believe that some of
the old timers have "burnt out" and so there is an opportunity for fresh eyes to "see" the organization's strength (and weakness) and provide strong support. JMO

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds