Dogs, Dogs, Dogs for adoption at IMHS

25 Mar 2017 15:28 - 02 May 2017 17:47 #1 by IMHS
There were four new puppies at the shelter today. These puppies came in the other week and went to foster until they were old enough to get fixed. All four of the puppies were very sweet. The rest of the guys are great and just waiting for that perfect home. Please make sure you check with the shelter to see if these wonderful dogs/puppies are still available and always stop in to visit with them often to get to know the dog you may want to adopt.

edited on 5/2/17 - removed photos for updates and to help page load faster

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed. Please if you or anyone you know is interested in adopting a dog or puppy, please stop by and visit with these guys, you won't be sorry.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Open 7 days/week 11am to 4pm | Open til 7pm Weds
(Closed on major holidays)

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

imhs.org
Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
IMHS Second Chance Thrift Shop
Open Tues-Sun 10:30-6:00
303-816-2471
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2017 17:49 - 02 May 2017 17:48 #2 by IMHS
April is a bit crazy for me, so apologize for posting these a late, please call shelter to see who is available. There were a lot of new dogs at the shelter today, but many have applications in and one is going to her new home tomorrow. I included a photo of them, too. Molly is still here at the shelter, we are still learning new things about her. She went on an outing and met a bunch of male dogs which I was told she got along great with, which is really good news. Just wish I knew why she hasn't been adopted yet, she is a really good dog.

edited on 5/2/17 - removed photos for updates and help page load faster

Thanks for looking everyone and I do hope everyone enjoyed. As always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a dog, please give one of these wonderful dogs a chance and put the word out there about Molly. Would love to see her get a great home.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

02 May 2017 17:49 #3 by IMHS
Only Molly will be the familiar dog. Four new dogs came in while I was there, so I was able to get some photos. All the dogs were so friendly, it was a pleasure taking photos of them. I didn't get to do the cats, because I spent so much time with the dogs, Molly, because this is the first time I played with her, Puffer who is an incredible dog and is just trying to figure things out and is quite scared right now and the new dogs that came in. Please always call and ask, because some dogs may not be ready or have been adopted.

My name is Puffer and I came to IMHS on Friday. All I really know is running on several acres with the other 7 dogs that my owner had. He was deployed and was able to find homes for everyone, but he had to give me to IMHS so he could leave. I am very shy and pretty scared right now so that is probably why he couldn't find me a home. Everyone here is wonderful, they talk to me softly and I just sit in my place watching everything and everyone. Someone that has a lot of patience and is very gentle should be my family. I am an older female dog, 7 years, so not that crazy puppy stuff.

Livvy here, I'm pretty new here. I am a female dog that is very friendly, but also distinquished. I'm very beautiful with great shape and a cropped tail.

I'm Squeaks, but I don't squeak like some of these toys we have. I'm also a female dog that is very friendly, but not so distinquished. I just wanted to sit in the lady's lap.

Maybe I'll see you next week and maybe I won't

I just arrived today and I'm such a friendly and happy dog, I'm already feeling comfortable. I kept trying to sit on the lady's lap, I just love people.

A record shot, I actually sat for a photo

I'm one of the dogs that arrived today, too. I am very friendly, have the best smile the lady ever saw and love to play. She threw the ball for me and I would go to catch it and just play with it myself until she stopped watching and photoing me. I also became very comfortable right away, probably because I have such a good attitude.

I just arrived today, too. Also a very friendly dog and love people. Me and my shelter mate were all over the lady.

I'm the shelter mate. I am very friendly too, but more cautious than my friend above. I also love people and love playing.

We are both already very comfortable and probably because of our attitudes, too. Looks like a good place. There are lots of toys for us to play with.

Come by and visit with us

Coke here. I am about to become a Mom. When I came in I was so skinny so hard to tell, but yep, nothing new to me. I don't think anyone else was expecting it. I'm told this will be my last litter and that is good news to me, at least from what I hear.

Hitchcock here, missing Coke a lot, but she needs to be cared for in case she has her puppies. I'm a super good and friendly dog. I'm pretty special and hope I get a forever loving home.

This is my ruh roh look

This is my are you telling me the truth look

Molly here, last again, but certainly not least. I guess I'm down here, because everyone has already seen me. I know one day that one person will come and I'll finally have the home and person and we will be just right for each other.

My favorite position, love being pet on my belly.

Me playing with the toy. The lady got such a kick out of playing with me. I guess we can expect the addition of these type of photos from now on.

If you know of anyone, single, no animals and just would like to have a dog that is pretty neat. Once a bond is formed, it will always stay.

Thanks for looking everyone and hope you liked the photos. I always ask, if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance. And for Molly, please put the word out. Anybody that would want to foster, please give IMHS a call, that would be wonderful, especially for Coke.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Open 7 days/week 11am to 4pm | Open til 7pm Weds
(Closed on major holidays)

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

imhs.org
Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
IMHS Second Chance Thrift Shop
Open Tues-Sun 10:30-6:00
303-816-2471

02 May 2017 17:50 #4 by IMHS
I received a call this past Friday that Molly was in the big outdoor play area with a male dog. I didn't have anything too pressing going on so I went with my camera. Molly was with Poncho, who is the new dog that came in Wednesday who I photo'd playing, really nice male dog. Appears Molly only likes male dogs, at least so far. I think it has a lot to do with living on a farm/herding. I noticed signs of trying to go into heat with Poncho. So this could be why she is currently having a hard time with female dogs.
On another note, my husband gave me a dirt bike tire to bring to the dogs, I thought are you crazy, but I did anyway. Oh my, Hitchcock and Coke got the best fun out of it, so I guess hubby was right. Couldn't resist, so also took photos of them playing with the tire. Hope everyone enjoys.

Thanks Lady, this thing is fun.

This is Chelsey, one of the very nice volunteers that helps out at IMHS. She is holding a preview of what is about to come. I have tons of photos and will post them soon. Not ready yet, but be on the look out.

Please put the word out for Molly, she would be perfect in a mellow home. She was in her igloo (she loves her igloo) when I came and didn't come out till I came in and then she started playing, almost as if she knew why I was there. Then she took the play ball into her igloo and just hung out in there. She would make a perfect only dog as she really appears to be fine by herself or a male dog, such as Poncho.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds