Cats, Cats, Cats for adoption at IMHS

25 Mar 2017 15:30 - 02 May 2017 17:52 #1 by IMHS
Below are the photos of the cats at the shelter today. They were all very friendly and sweet. Cheeto is the featured cat for today's photos.

edited on 5/2/17 - removed photos for updates and help page load faster

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please stop by the shelter and visit with these guys, you won't be sorry, unless you were not planning to adopt.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Open 7 days/week 11am to 4pm | Open til 7pm Weds
(Closed on major holidays)

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

imhs.org
Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
IMHS Second Chance Thrift Shop
Open Tues-Sun 10:30-6:00
303-816-2471
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2017 17:52 - 02 May 2017 17:53 #2 by IMHS
Cheeto was adopted by one of the volunteers - which made my day when I heard it. April is a bit crazy for me, so I apologize for posting these a bit late. I was able to visit with almost all the cats today and they were all really neat and sweet. All would make great pets.

edited on 5/2/17 - removed photos for updates and help page load faster

Thanks for checking these wonderful cats out and hope everyone enjoyed. As always if you or someone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these friendly sweet cats a chance.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

02 May 2017 17:53 #3 by IMHS
I came to the shelter to get photos of Molly playing with Poncho so I took the opportunity to get photos of some of the cats.

On another note, for those who remember Cheeto, the cat that had his leg amputated due to medical reasons, who we thought was feral, then turned out to be the neatest cat and then got adopted! Well, he was adopted by a super family and I will be posting the story here soon -- so please be on the look out, a good heartwarming story with video and photos.

I'm Hummus and I really enjoy being pet, I'm still a little nervous, but learning that no one is going to hurt me here. I've made a big turn around from when I first arrived and life is not so bad. Now, just need to get that perfect forever home.

Bambi here, need I say more? If I do, please stop by and visit with me so I can tell you.

Beandip here, the lady wispered that I was her favorite. She said I am the strongest cat she ever felt, she said I was solid. Not sure if that will help me get adopted, but she said it was a good thing. I think I'm pretty neat too, but I'm not cocky about it.

Charlie here. I actually overheard the lady wisper to Beandip and I'm a little upset about it. I actually thought I was her favorite. She said loudly she doesn't have favorites, but she seemed to spend more time with Beandip. Once she knew I was upset, she tried to make it up to me.

I'll just sharpen my claws, it helps me keep my mind off of things.

I'm a very friendly cat and super nice. I love people and I'll watch for you when you come in and I'll stand up so you will be able to see me.

I'll also lay down so you can pet me easily.

My name is Tats. I'm a much older female cat and was surrendered by my owner. I'm such a sweet girl, I don't know why they wouldn't want to keep me. Not easy for an old cat to have to go through losing their home, but I have a good attitude.

They call me Buddy and I can definitely be someone's buddy.

Thanks for looking and hope everyone enjoyed.

02 May 2017 17:54 #4 by IMHS
Not sure if everyone remembers Cheeto, the cat that had his leg amputated. If not, a quick summary and from now on we will call him by his new name, Shaeffer.

Shaeffer came to IMHS as a stray with his back leg crushed. Dr. Palmini at the Sano Hospital for Animals diagnosed the leg as unsavable and amputated to give Shaeffer a better chance at life. This photo were taken by staff at the hospital right after surgery.

Then for a long time, we all thought Shaeffer was feral. He wouldn't come out of his den until everyone was gone and he would spit at anyone that got too close. We all continued to talk softly and gently to him, telling him he was safe here. In March, I started my feeble attempt to photo him inside his den.

Then one day, Shaeffer decided to come out and show his true colors.

Peggy, one of the volunteers with IMHS, fell in love with Shaeffer after he showed his true self. She decided to make him part of her family. I will let her tell you the story in the email she sent us, plus her hearwarming video and all her wonderful photos will follow her email. Thank-you Peggy.

Hi Gia!

I kind of fell in love with Cheeto once he became friendly, and I believe you were the one who first witnessed this!

Sheaffer came home with me on March 30th. I named him after my favorite singer/songwriter, Todd Sheaffer and told my boyfriend, John, that it was his birthday present one day early. We kept him in our office for a couple of days, letting him settle in and the other fur kids (two Golden Retrievers and two older girl kitties) get used to his smell. He hid much of the first day, behind a dresser or in the closet. The next day he was a bit more curious, though terrified of his Golden Retriever sisters, who would never harm him, but are BIG! He was meowing to come out that night so I went in and made a bed for me in there. He just wanted to play!

The next day when John got home from work, Sheaffer was really wanting to come out so we gave him some supervised time to explore the house. He quickly learned that the dogs won't bother him and that was the end of his office time! The girl cats aren't thrilled but it hasn't been too bad, they're adjusting.

Sheaffer is a young cat with lots of energy! We have hundreds of cat toys, which the girls usually ignored. Now they are spread all around the house. He also loves to knock stuff off of tables, he's a prankster!

Perhaps the sweetest part of this story is his relationship with our Rescue Golden, Sierra. She came from a puppy mill situation 2 years ago and while she has made a lot of progress, she is still not quite comfortable, she has "safe spots" in the house where she stays most of the time. Since Sheaffer has been here she is more animated, and will often jump off of the couch to go and see what he's doing. She also seems to love snuggling with him and it makes me happy to know that, after making all of those puppies for other people, she now has a little friend to nurture.

This sweet boy is loving his new life and we are so grateful to IMHS and everyone who helped to save him. Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Regards, Peggy

[youtube]95rPhrC3iLQ[/youtube]

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds