Golden Stix

23 May 2010 16:36 #11 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Golden Stix

pound dog mom wrote: :woo hoo: I have been making my own Chinese food at home, very time consuming and I usually forget at least one ingredient. I am so excited to learn there is one right here in town that is good! I tried the restaurant in the old Safeway center about 3-years ago and have never had Chinese in the mountains again.  :Thanks: for the info

Smart move to not eat the Chinese from the ( old Safeway) group up here. Golden Stix , while not perfect , is the best by far up here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2010 12:45 #12 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Golden Stix
I found the duck cooked to perfection, and served old school, Cook, it cut it, serve it on bed of cabbage. Took me back to my visit in the early 80's...

02 Jun 2010 00:14 #13 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Golden Stix
We ate there the other day. Never had a bad meal once. Great food and great service! :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 Jun 2010 03:19 #14 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Golden Stix
Ad we like the take out also.

02 Jun 2010 14:36 #15 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Golden Stix
I like them too. Lots to choose from on the menu, and the lunch prices are very good since they include soup, plus a choice of rice.

But has anyone else noticed the beef is very chewy? The first time I tried them the beef was inedible. It was better the second time, but still too chewy. Now I tend to avoid the beef dishes there.

02 Jun 2010 14:40 #16 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Golden Stix
Where is this place at? Anyone got a number for take out?

02 Jun 2010 14:42 #17 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Golden Stix

Becky wrote: Where is this place at? Anyone got a number for take out?

303-838-5208 Right next to Ravens.

05 Aug 2010 11:31 #18 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Golden Stix
I had a great experience here on Tuesday. Went early evening around 5:15, and the place was full with everyone not even served their food yet. There was a gentleman sitting alone at a table for four. The wait was at least 30 minutes. This man invited us to sit with him. How very thoughtful (and he wasn't even from this area). My friend and I had a wonderful dinner and wonderful conversation with a total stranger.

As for a review - I had the mayonnaise shrimp and it was the best thing I have had there so far.

21 Aug 2010 03:42 #19 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Golden Stix

JMC wrote: They will make it spicier if you ask. I agree that they are the best Asian up here, I wish they could make great Thai
The prices are very reasonable

I have a very hard time finding authentic Thai in the US. There are many Thai places run by Vietnamese. We found a nice little place in Santa Barbara, but that is to far to go... has anyone found a good Thai place in the metro area?

Golden Stix is the best up here. I also have a hard time getting them to spice it up to the level I like. We know the owner and I let him know this once, man did I get a hot dish that night.

21 Aug 2010 08:44 #20 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Golden Stix
Try Thai Bistro on Kipling and Bellview. Pretty authentic.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds