Golden Stix

09 May 2010 07:58 #1 by LopingAlong
Golden Stix was created by LopingAlong
We ate at Golden Stix last night and the food and staff were great! The place is small and we had to wait for a table, but it was definitely worth it. We each had a 'Golden Bowl' and as a vegetarian I can tell you I'll be back to try the other veggie dishes they offer. I had a garlic brocolli bowl and while I'd have preferred a bit more spice to it, the veggies were cooked to perfection and the flavor was very good. How nice to have such a huge selection of items to choose from. Others at our table had chicken, pork and beef and they all raved about their meals as well. I recommend trying this place out, what a fresh change from the trite Chinese places we've had up here for 23 years that I know of! For four people, with tip included and an appetizer pu pu plate to boot (around $14) the entire bill was $52.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2010 16:28 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Golden Stix
They will make it spicier if you ask. I agree that they are the best Asian up here, I wish they could make great Thai
The prices are very reasonable

14 May 2010 10:36 #3 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Golden Stix
We've eaten there a bunch of times and love it. Call ahead and see what the wait is first. Good coupons on the menu too.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 May 2010 21:18 #4 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Golden Stix
The prices are a plus and their soups have a little more in them than their competition. I love the curry dish, and agree it could be spicier which I'll request the next time.

My only takeaway is that it isn't a place to go if you are in a hurry (meaning, trying to get back to work). It can take awhile to get the bill and then settle up. That being said, the food is great, the service is good and the prices are hard to beat. I'll continue to go back when my schedule permits.

22 May 2010 21:28 #5 by JMC
I call ahead and its always ready on time.I request it spicy and the owner told me most up here like mild so you need to ask.

22 May 2010 21:52 #6 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Golden Stix
Just curious, are you picking it up or eating in?

The service is great, but it seems they just can't keep up with bringing the check and processing the credit card in a timely fashion. I know they are doing a good amount of takeout so think that impacts the service for those eating in. I'm glad to see they have a good flow of customers and sure hope they can make a go of it. I can understand their being busy around the lunch hour and dinner time. I don't mind waiting except when I'm trying to get back to work for a scheduled meeting. Then I get a little stressed, but that's easy enough to deal with by changing around my lunch time.

Oh, one more plus for them is the choice of brown rice in addition to white or fried. :thumbsup:

22 May 2010 21:59 #7 by JMC

freebird wrote: Just curious, are you picking it up or eating in?

The service is great, but it seems they just can't keep up with bringing the check and processing the credit card in a timely fashion. I know they are doing a good amount of takeout so think that impacts the service for those eating in. I'm glad to see they have a good flow of customers and sure hope they can make a go of it. I can understand their being busy around the lunch hour and dinner time. I don't mind waiting except when I'm trying to get back to work for a scheduled meeting. Then I get a little stressed, but that's easy enough to deal with by changing around my lunch time.

Oh, one more plus for them is the choice of brown rice in addition to white or fried. :thumbsup:

I've only done take out . a little too cramped for me

23 May 2010 06:12 #8 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Golden Stix
I picked up take out there the other day. Should have checked my order before I left. The sweet and sour pork had absolutely no sauce with it.

the hot and sour soup was great.

The mongolian beef was way way too hot. (I know it's a spicy dish, but I could barely eat it.)

I've eaten there before - not take out, and it was awesome. I just need to learn to check before I leave.

23 May 2010 10:35 #9 by IXerLover
Replied by IXerLover on topic Golden Stix
We are loving Golden Stix. I have only had an issue with longer than quoted wait times once.

They are gracious and accomodating. AND YUMMY!!

23 May 2010 16:29 #10 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Golden Stix
:woo hoo: I have been making my own Chinese food at home, very time consuming and I usually forget at least one ingredient. I am so excited to learn there is one right here in town that is good! I tried the restaurant in the old Safeway center about 3-years ago and have never had Chinese in the mountains again.  :Thanks: for the info

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds