Road-Trip Restaurant: The Shaggy Sheep

14 Feb 2018 11:54 #1 by TheShaggySheep
Check out what 5280 has to say about The Sheep! (Hint: our famous green chile gets some love). Come see us this weekend and taste it for yourself! We are open Thursday-Sunday 11-8.

www.5280.com/2018/02/road-trip-restaurant-shaggy-sheep/#
"Seek out this roadside cookhouse in Grant for a dose of Colorado comfort food."

Photo and story by Lisa Blake - thank you!

"The vegetarian green chile, however, was the showstopper. It featured chunks of Anaheim and jalapeño and roasted Hatch chiles, and packed a scorching heat offset by cumin, garlic, and tomato. I ordered mine with shredded Colby Jack cheese on top and found myself in winter warm-up heaven—so much so that I snagged a Mason jar of the chile ($8) to go."

^^^^^^^

Thank you to all the Flume readers who voted for us! We are thrilled and so grateful for our wonderful neighbors and friends!

About Us
East Coast transplants Sarah Bennett (a produce purveyor) & Chris Howe (a Chef), were drawn to the natural and culinary scenes of Colorado. As fate would have it, their paths crossed while they were both working in the industry in Denver. They traveled to the mountains often and fell in love with the Bailey/Grant community. An ode to their new neighbors and Colorado's state animal, the Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep, they opened The Shaggy Sheep in July of 2016 to serve fresh wholesome meals to their local community and travelers.

www.the-shaggy-sheep.com/

Visit us!
50455 US 285
Grant, Colorado 80448
Call (719) 836-8845
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

New hours:
Thursday through Sunday: 11am to 8pm
Monday through Wednesday: Closed
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2021 17:31 #2 by TheShaggySheep
THANK YOU for a great winter season! Starting Friday at 7am we will be serving breakfast and starting our summer hours! Stop in for your favorite Shaggy Sheep breakfast dish that you have been craving.
www.the-shaggy-sheep.com

Visit us!
50455 US 285
Grant, Colorado 80448
Call (719) 836-8845
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

New hours:
Thursday through Sunday: 11am to 8pm
Monday through Wednesday: Closed
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds