× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

USA Soccer Mom's on a roll!

13 Jul 2011 18:51 - 13 Jul 2011 20:24 #1 by LOL
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14146401.stm

Whohooo! C'mon lets cheer on the USA team!

I think they need cuter uniforms though.... I'm so in trouble with CG and SC now for this post! :) hahaha LOL

Seriously, good luck to the team! :fwave: :fwave: :fwave:

"The United States will play Japan in the Fifa Women's World Cup final on Sunday 17 July.

USA scored twice in the last 11 minutes to overcome France 3-1 in the first semi-final."

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2011 19:35 #2 by PhoneGeek
So cool, been a soccer mom for over 10 years. Love watching them play. :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: Need a soccer ball. :biggrin:

13 Jul 2011 20:10 #3 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic USA Soccer Mom's on a roll!
:thumbsup:

13 Jul 2011 20:18 #4 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic USA Soccer Mom's on a roll!

PhoneGeek wrote: So cool, been a soccer mom for over 10 years. Love watching them play. :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: Need a soccer ball. :biggrin:

I can probably set you up with a used soccer ball if you like. PM me.

13 Jul 2011 20:26 #5 by Rockdoc
I watched the game. The gals are determined and fast. Of particular importance against the French was their defense. They moved to the offensive player while that player waited for the pass to get to them. By doing so, they never gave the French a chance to exploit them with their technical superiority, though there was a period of time in the second half when the French came alive and created problems. Great substitution (Rapinoe) and change of position from left half to center midfield (Lauren Cheney) by the US in the second half too. You could see the game change right away back into the US favor. Now if only we could get the US men's team to elevate its playing style and creative vision. We've got the horses, but not the consistent vision and creativity.

17 Jul 2011 08:34 #6 by Rockdoc
So are we going to support the gals today? Go USA. It ought to be a most interesting final.

17 Jul 2011 08:47 #7 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic USA Soccer Mom's on a roll!
Is it on TV? Go USA! :fwave:

edit - ESPN Dish ch. 140 at 12 Noon Sunday

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Jul 2011 09:44 #8 by Rockdoc
And speaking of the soccer mom. Christie Rampone at 36 can take it to the young ones. She is incredible. Watch her.

17 Jul 2011 15:51 #9 by Rockdoc
Unfortunately, Japan stopped them. Just like they did Germany and Sweden. Their run was one of destiny, one to lift the spirits of their country.

18 Jul 2011 11:03 #10 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic USA Soccer Mom's on a roll!
Well, they did very good getting to the final, especially since the US has never been big in soccer. Looks like it is changing now. Congrats anyway on a great run! :)

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds