× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Need a good Place/bar to watch football

13 Aug 2011 18:02 #1 by cajun
Due to the rising price (nearly $70/mo for 5 months) and the desire to use our money for other things, we decided not to renew our NFL Sunday Ticket subscription this year. But since I am a proud member of the WHO DAT?!! Nation with the unwavering belief that the Saints will return to the Super Bowl this year, I still want to watch the games. My wife is a big Dallas fan (I love her dearly, and this is her only failing) having been born and raised in East Texas. She is also going to be jonesing to see her 'Boys play as well. Can anyone recommend a place up here where the wife and I could go and see the Saints and the Cowboys both? I know there are quite a few places down the hill, but I would like to spend my time and money up here.
Thanks for the suggestions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2011 19:07 #2 by The Viking
Brooks Tavern runs 6 different games at a time and you can ask for which games you like.

13 Aug 2011 22:24 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Gee Vike you are the only 1 I know that likes Brooks, are you getting kick backs, the place sux.

14 Aug 2011 11:01 #4 by cajun
Thanks Viking. I have had that recommendation from others. I'll give it a try opening weekend.

14 Aug 2011 13:51 #5 by archer
Figuring the economics of the NFL Sunday Ticket.....at $70/month for 5 months that's $350, or about $22/game for 16 games, and you get to pick and choose which games you want to watch. Playoffs and Superbowl are available on network TV so I didn't count them. Not really too bad considering the cost to go to a sports bar would be at least that much, if you plan to eat and/or drink during the game. I wish DISH would offer something similar.

14 Aug 2011 19:31 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
Yeah what archer said. + you can have your freinds bring the munchies they like, change it up and have your own beers/drinks for less than 1/2.

I got a big screen in my shop so that is what we do.

14 Aug 2011 19:50 #7 by archer
There's the answer...we all go to Martin's shop.

14 Aug 2011 21:10 #8 by Residenttroll returns
$ 70 per month for Sunday NFL tickets or spend it for fours beers (1 per quarter) at $ 3 each per Sunday is $ 12 plus $ 3 tip = $ 15 per Sunday. Multiply that by 4 and it's $ 60.

14 Aug 2011 21:24 #9 by archer
If you're going to drink 4 beers, you might want to have something to eat and a cup or two of coffee before ya drive home, better yet, get a designated driver.

15 Aug 2011 08:41 #10 by FredHayek

archer wrote: If you're going to drink 4 beers, you might want to have something to eat and a cup or two of coffee before ya drive home, better yet, get a designated driver.

Yep, make the kids drive home!

But with the economics, it does seem to make more sense to buy the NFL package, unless you can find a Saints bar. That can be a lot of fun.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds