× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

This is what it looks like when only 347 fans show up

25 Aug 2011 19:00 #1 by CinnamonGirl
If a baseball game happens in South Florida, and no one is there to see it, does it still count in the standings?

It was built for 38,560

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... z1W5mMesNx

But the poor Rockies owners whine incessantly that they can't make money in such a poor market. The Rox just have to do moderately good and they have a full house.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2011 19:31 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Marlins manager annouced VL would be attending on the radio, so it was reported fans decided to stay away as he would be stinking up the stadium.

25 Aug 2011 19:59 #3 by otisptoadwater
I can tell you from first hand experience that spending most of an entire day outside in south Florida in August can be really draining, even physically dangerous. Quite literally, you need to hydrate constantly and even the most heat tolerant people I know wouldn't volunteer to go sit in the sun and humidity for hours, ball game or not. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are real possibilities in that environment.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

26 Aug 2011 08:07 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Grew up and worked there it sux.

30 Aug 2011 11:49 #5 by FredHayek
IIRC, the game was moved from its regular date because of hurricane fears, but that is still an embarrasing showing...yet they have a couple World Series rings and Colorado has only one NL title.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds