× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Buying into the Packers

03 Jan 2012 14:03 #41 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Buying into the Packers

Photo-fish wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: What do you call a Packer fan with half a brain?

Gifted.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :nyah: :hater:

Sorry but I have to..... Wisconsin sucks to live in. Football is all you have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2012 14:22 #42 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Buying into the Packers
What do you call a Packer fan with half a brain?

A half-wit?

A swiss cheese head?

Hahaha.....

I think the Packers are going to fade and get rusty with all this time off.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 Jan 2012 14:29 #43 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Buying into the Packers
Don't forget beer and cheese. World class hunting and fishing. The Milwaukee Brewers
Wisconsin ranks first in the production of corn for silage, cranberries, ginseng, and snap beans for processing. Wisconsin is also a leading producer of oats, potatoes, carrots, tart cherries, maple syrup, and sweet corn for processing.

Have you ever lived there? The central and south are a bit boring I will admit. The north, where I grew up, is mostly lakes and forest.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

03 Jan 2012 14:32 #44 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Buying into the Packers
My GF's family has a summer home on Lake Wisconsin, we go there every other summer. Nice area. Wisconsin Dells. Nice hiking trails too. I don't care much for the poison ivy and mosquitoes, otherwise its beautiful and green.

Oh yes, the sweet corn is awesome. Colorado corn is for feeding cows.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

03 Jan 2012 14:33 #45 by CinnamonGirl
My problem is the humidity, bugs and cold. Colorado is way better.

03 Jan 2012 14:36 #46 by Photo-fish

Joe wrote: I think the Packers are going to fade and get rusty with all this time off.

Last year, the Packers won a Super Bowl with one of the most banged-up rosters in the league. This year, the team appears to be heading into the playoffs as healthy as it’s been all season.

Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday that he expects to have a fully healed roster for the first playoff game, slated for Jan. 15.

The team will practice on Wednesday and Thursday this week before getting the weekend off and then returning next Monday for meetings and walk-throughs. Practice then resumes next Wednesday with the usual three workouts leading up to the game.

The Packers could know their playoff opponent as soon as Saturday night if the Lions beat the Saints in the wild-card round. That would send Detroit back to Lambeau Field. If New Orleans wins on Saturday night, the Packers would get the winner of Sunday’s Falcons-Giants game.

If their offense scrimages their defence during the break it should be enough to keep the rust off.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

03 Jan 2012 14:37 #47 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: My problem is the humidity, bugs and cold.

So you lived there or just visited? Where?

03 Jan 2012 15:02 #48 by CinnamonGirl
What do you mean where? Bug, humidity and cold are everywhere in that state. LOL
tongue:

Let me ask you this? Why are you in Colorado? :pop

03 Jan 2012 15:53 #49 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: What do you mean where? Bug, humidity and cold are everywhere in that state.

I might agree, but if you only lived or visited a part of the state, like the Dells or Milwaukee, then you based an opinion on a poor choice of Wisconsin towns to begin with. All states have bugs and weather conditions that are at times not preferable. That is not a very good arguement. That is why bug repellant and light colored, breathable fabrics were invented.

CinnamonGirl wrote: Let me ask you this? Why are you in Colorado? :pop

It sure isn't for their sports teams. Or the brown cloud, drought, fire dangers or the crappy roads. I moved here to spread Packer cheer. :sunshine: And the mountains they have in Wisconsin are not big enough.

I moved here for a job back in 1999 from Chicago. We stayed because after I was laid off 3 years later, we could not sell our home and put too much into it to leave it. If they could grow bigger mountains in WI, and our house burnt down, I'd have been back yesterday.

03 Jan 2012 18:00 #50 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Buying into the Packers

Photo-fish wrote: The fifth stock sale in Green Bay Packer history is just a couple days old, and it's already a success. 185,000, or three-quarters of the 250,000 shares the team is selling already have new owners. The team estimates that it has already generated $43,000,000 dollars.

The big picture here is that since the Packers are not owned by a single owner, the team can never be moved. The Packers will always be the Packers, and they will reside in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Ask the fans of the (old) Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Colts if they wouldn't have bought "pieces of paper" to prevent those teams from leaving town.

So how much are you in for now PF? lol

Wisconsin sounds nice to visit in the summer. I've vowed to not live any further north than I already am, I am not a cold weather person...although that can be modified based on changing climatic conditions.

The Pack looks solid, I hope the rest doesn't hurt them. Wouldn't it be epic if they ended up playing the Bengals in the Superbowl??? :woo hoo: :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds