× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Where is Peyton Manning Going to End Up?

29 Jan 2012 15:19 #1 by ScienceChic
With the recent public bickering between him and owner Jim Irsay, on top of the $28M bonus due to him soon, it looks like Manning's on his way out. Where do you think he'll wind up? I'm going with the Redskins, Snyder loves popular players that he only has to throw a ton of money at, and Rex Grossman is an unrestricted free agent. Alex Smith in SF is also up for a contract renewal, but having just gotten his team to the NFC Championship game, do they really want to release him for an older QB who isn't likely to last many more years, especially given his injury last year that he has yet to prove he can overcome? The Jets already have a decent QB (and Sanchez's contract was restructured just this past year, through 2013 it seems), Seattle isn't a good fit plus they just threw in with Jackson last year, and the Cards have no offensive weapons aside from Fitzgerald and Skelton has 2 years left on his deal.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/28/la-canf ... line_stack
La Canfora: Manning decision made weeks ago
By NFL.com Staff
January 28th, 2012
“According to sources who were involved in the Colts’ GM search, the organization was planning to move on from Manning weeks ago, well before this public squabble between the quarterback and his owner,” NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said Friday on “NFL Total Access.”

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... n-might-go
Oh, the places Peyton might go
Jan. 27, 2012
49er's?
Cardinals?
Jets?
Seahawks?
Redskins?

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d ... hot_topics
Pro Bowlers feel for Peyton, but say it’s the nature of business
By Jeff Darlington NFL.com
Jan. 27, 2012

On Thursday, Irsay took to Twitter with yet another response to the newly fueled drama regarding Manning's future. Previously peeved that Manning went public with a few thoughts about the fragile state of the organization -- "He's a politician," Irsay said at the time -- the Colts boss wanted to make clear his biggest core belief regarding his place as owner.

While I appreciate Irsay's final intended message -- and believe it's probably the only words he needed to express Thursday -- it also seems a little nonsensical for him to be bummed or surprised about Manning's comments. Manning, like the rest of us, sees the writing on the wall, and it has forced him into a mode of self-preservation. That should be no surprise. It's natural -- not political.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... hot_topics
Peyton Peeved In Indy
Jan 24, 2012

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2012 15:37 #2 by Grady
Not in Denver.

29 Jan 2012 20:50 #3 by FredHayek
I like the Jets. Then he would be playing his brother in the same city every year. Besides Sanchez isn't that good.

I do wonder if Peyton allowed Indy to rewrite the 28 million dollar signing bonus by making it conditonal based on how many games he plays next season, like 2 million per game.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jan 2012 21:04 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Where is Peyton Manning Going to End Up?
He would be a good fit for Minn. Tampa and Houston and KC. He would not be a good fit for Raiders.

29 Jan 2012 21:25 #5 by bailey bud
he's going to wind up behind a microphone.

01 Feb 2012 08:05 #6 by FredHayek
Latest rumour? Mike Shanahan wants hm for the Redskins, the owner has the cash. And poor Mike deserves a good QB.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Feb 2012 08:13 #7 by Nobody that matters
I doubt he's going to play anymore. It's a shame, but with that neck injury and the leauge's increasing concern about player safety, I think he's gonna wind up coaching or comentating.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

02 Feb 2012 15:44 #8 by Rick
:yeahthat: He's a millionaire with a glass neck...he doesn't need the money, so is playing the game really that meaningful that he would risk catastrophic injury? I can't believe he would be so stupid.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Feb 2012 15:49 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
More surgery to come according to my sources.
He will be the next guy behind the desk on NFL Today

05 Feb 2012 11:23 #10 by ScienceChic
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-should-th ... 4855.story
Should the Denver Broncos acquire Peyton Manning?
Hank Siegel | FOX31 Sports Commentary Twitter @KDVR
February 3, 2012

Top 10 Reasons
9. Will immediately have best QB in AFC West
5. Won’t have to spend time working on his throwing motion
4. Assured of having another QB in the Hall of Fame
3. Won’t have to wait until the 4th quarter to start watching the game
2. Won’t have to admit that Josh McDaniels was right about something

Not sure I agree with #9, Peyton's gonna have to work on his throwing motion as well after the injury recovery, I like #4!, yup to #3, and definitely to #2! tongue:

What do you think? Should we try for him, or figure he's busted and pass?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds