× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Indy Super Bowl Major Problem!

29 Jan 2012 20:54 #1 by FredHayek
There are only 6000 hotel rooms for all the media and fans etc heading into town. And you have to bet most of those rooms have been booked for months. I can imagine people staying in neighboring state hotels like Illinois and Ohio.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2012 21:22 #2 by otisptoadwater
That's somewhat of a surprise to me, I'd like to think that a city that hosts the Indy 500 every year could easily accommodate the Super Bowl. I wonder if anyone in the media has checked into timeshare properties in the area, if I happen to hit the lottery between now and Saturday I might buy up a block of condos close to the Brickyard.

I can also see the potential for driving in from Illnoise or OhiO the day of the game but I'd hate to have to make the drive back after the game and this time of year your tourist options are limited. I suppose you could go to Chitown and have a sausage pie or go see the Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleavland. No matter how you slice it, that would be an expensive trip per person. I guess if you can afford and secure tickets to the Super Bowl then the cost isn't really an issue.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Jan 2012 07:35 #3 by pacamom
Last time I went to the Indy 500 I slept in the back of a pick up truck for two nights. No need to worry about hotel reservations.

30 Jan 2012 07:43 #4 by Nobody that matters

otisptoadwater wrote: That's somewhat of a surprise to me, I'd like to think that a city that hosts the Indy 500 every year could easily accommodate the Super Bowl.

Indy attendees usually just pass out wherever they land - no room rental needed.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Jan 2012 10:32 #5 by FredHayek
Easier to camp out or take the RV for a Memorial Day event.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds