× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Baseball's Opening Day!

05 Apr 2012 17:36 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Baseball's Opening Day!
We are talking Baseball here VL, you're boring.

I think the Rockies are going to go to the World Series! Definitely going to try to see a home game this year, been awhile for me.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2012 19:19 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
We always have FREE tickets. Pete Coors is a family freind.
We don't go to all of them but take friends and family to a few.

05 Apr 2012 20:53 #13 by otisptoadwater

Martin Ent Inc wrote: We always have FREE tickets. Pete Coors is a family freind.

I love going to the ball park to spend the afternoon and watch the game (especially when the Rockies are winning). The problem is that even with free tickets it can be an expensive event if you plan to buy food in the park.

Last summer my employer gave me two awesome tickets just off the fist base line and close to home plate, five rows from the field. I did a little research and found out you can bring your own sealed food and sealed water and sports drinks into the park. A quick trip to the local supermarket, bought ~$20-ish worth of party sub, chips, Gatorade, and some peanuts on the way to the game. Showed all of the unopened goods at the gate and me and my nephew go to enjoy the game and not fork over any additional cash!

Been listening to 850 KOA this week hoping to call in and win free opening day tix but I'll probably wait and see how the Rockies are doing at mid-season before I pay for tickets. I can throw a pretty nice party here at the cave and watch the games on TV with family and friends for what it costs to get to the ball park and spend the day.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 Apr 2012 06:14 #14 by LOL
Good info about the food Otis, I didn't know you could bring anything in. I think I'd still have to splurge for a beer and hot dog though. :)

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Apr 2012 07:34 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
They have just about every kind of food.
BBQ, wings, etc, etc.

07 Apr 2012 07:16 #16 by LOL
Rockies win opener, we're 1-0 !

07 Apr 2012 17:47 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Baseball's Opening Day!

otisptoadwater wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: We always have FREE tickets. Pete Coors is a family freind.

I love going to the ball park to spend the afternoon and watch the game (especially when the Rockies are winning). The problem is that even with free tickets it can be an expensive event if you plan to buy food in the park.

Last summer my employer gave me two awesome tickets just off the fist base line and close to home plate, five rows from the field. I did a little research and found out you can bring your own sealed food and sealed water and sports drinks into the park. A quick trip to the local supermarket, bought ~$20-ish worth of party sub, chips, Gatorade, and some peanuts on the way to the game. Showed all of the unopened goods at the gate and me and my nephew go to enjoy the game and not fork over any additional cash!

Been listening to 850 KOA this week hoping to call in and win free opening day tix but I'll probably wait and see how the Rockies are doing at mid-season before I pay for tickets. I can throw a pretty nice party here at the cave and watch the games on TV with family and friends for what it costs to get to the ball park and spend the day.

You don't get it do you? Its the experience-Thats what your kids remember, the experience of the ballpark and all that goes with it, trying all the different stuff they have there, buying beer and peanuts from the vendor, running around the park..

-A supermarket sub, chips and gatoraid? I'm gettin sick just thinkin about it..

Youre clueless- If you wanna save money, just stay home you cheapskate, its like what someone told me one time, they said "[my name here] you sure know how to live"

And you don't Otis

08 Apr 2012 07:08 #18 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Baseball's Opening Day!
$130 for tickets in the nosebleed section but it will still be a fun day out. Weather will be awesome.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Apr 2012 07:25 #19 by LOL
I read an article that MLB is expanding the wild card by 2 teams, better chance for the playoffs this year.

GO ROCKIES!

09 Apr 2012 16:22 #20 by LOL
Home opener today not looking so good.
Rockies down 0-7 in the 7TH inning.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds