× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos switching from playbooks to iPads

24 Apr 2012 12:51 #1 by Argyle
for the upcoming season. Probably won't be too long before a team, the likes of the Saints & Pats, is caught hacking another team's playbook/tablet.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_20445934/broncos-putting-ipads

Andy Vuong wrote: The Denver Broncos are tossing out the tradition of printing 500-page playbooks every week for each of the 120 players, coaches, scouts and other personnel. This season, the team will hand out iPads that feature the week's game plan, scouting reports, video clips and other relevant data. The digital transition will not only save trees but may also give the Broncos a competitive edge. Just two other teams in the National Football League — the Baltimore Ravens and Tampa Bay Buccaneers — have discarded the printed playbook in favor of a tablet and an app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2012 15:25 #2 by LOL
I thought the same about hacking or lost Ipad. Seems like they have a time bomb for automatic erasure, and password security. Paper books can get lost too. I wonder if all these football players can figure out how to use an Ipad. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 Apr 2012 18:06 #3 by FredHayek
Downside? Sorry coach I need to find an outlet. No juice.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2012 16:07 #4 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Broncos switching from playbooks to iPads
http://denverpost.com/broncos-dj-williams-makes-play-public-twitter

Mike Klis wrote: In what has to be considered a serious breach of security in the secretive world that is the NFL, Williams posted what appeared to be six formations of one defensive play from the Broncos' playbook on his Twitter account Friday. A team official quickly contacted Williams and the plays have been deleted from his account.

[/ul]

LOL wrote: I wonder if all these football players can figure out how to use an Ipad. LOL

Looks like for #55, the answer is probably no.

Mike Klis wrote: Although Williams deleted the defensive formations, he seemed almost defiant in subsequent tweets. On one tweet, Williams said: "Fans calling me dumb cuss the iPad had one defense showing. I was just showing I'm old school, pin n pad."

[/ul]

18 Jun 2012 17:47 #5 by FredHayek
Another downside? Reading I-pads in full sunlight.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds