× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

American Football in Turkey

24 May 2010 10:39 #1 by ScienceChic
My hubby had to go on a business trip to Turkey and emailed this hilarious story he read while flying their airline (which, BTW, he highly does NOT recommend - he's flown some scary airlines and places, but even this one had him concerned for his well-being). Enjoy!
http://www.anadolujet.com/aj-EN/corpora ... x?mkl=1849

First and foremost, we need to point out that for us, since we are used to watching sports teams in just t-shirts and shorts, watching a live game, that we would normally see in Hollywood movies, was rather “exhausting.” Playing a ball game with all this gear seems really difficult. The ball itself is rather funny; it’s almost impossible to hold it, let alone throw it. For these reasons, the players have kept themselves busy trying to carry that ellipsoid.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 15:43 #2 by DrMike
Replied by DrMike on topic American Football in Turkey
great read, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!

24 May 2010 15:56 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic American Football in Turkey
loved it!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds