× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Lance Armstrong Stripped of All Titles, Banned for Life

27 Aug 2012 13:14 #21 by ScienceChic
There was a meme that showed comments by people who confused Neil Armstrong with Lance Armstrong and with Neil Patrick Harris floating around FB a day or so ago. Inside joke if you're not on FB...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2012 16:39 #22 by Raees

27 Aug 2012 20:29 #23 by Rockdoc

Little Boy wrote:

Rockdoc wrote: Oh right. You are another who knows what is in the mind of person when they make a choice. Interestingly enough, those accusations more often than not have their roots in ones personal psyche.

I don't care what the circumstances are Rock- When your wife comes home from the doctor and tells you she has cancer you dump the girlfriends, cancel the poker parties and golf trips with the boys and focus everything you got on getting her better. Thats what a man does Rock. You don't run off with an international singing sensation.

So save your hero worship for someone who deserves it

Save your lectures and condemnation of others, take a look at yourself. Just glad you don't live in a glass house that can shatter. Talk about judgmental. In my world, someone is a person first and I need to know a lot more about them before casting stone. Hero worship is something foreign. Read the article and educate yourself about the workings of the USADA first before condemning someone on the basis of what they do. That is the issue, not the personal choices one makes in life.

27 Aug 2012 21:00 #24 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Lance Armstrong Stripped of All Titles, Banned for Life
The entire sporting world is blood doping and have been since the late 80's- He's guilty, they all are- Guilty of trying to be the best they can be

Its not a crime

END OF SUBJECT

12 Jan 2013 19:41 #25 by ScienceChic
Call me cynical, but I think he's only doing this to get something out of it. This kind of arrogant serial liar will never do something unless it benefits him some way.

Source: Lance Armstrong plans to admit doping to Oprah
Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY Sports
January 12, 2013

In the interview, which is scheduled to air Thursday on the Oprah Winfrey Network, the famed cyclist plans to admit to doping throughout his career but probably will not get into great detail about specific cases and events, the person said. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly about it.

After keeping a low profile since October, Armstrong has various possible motives to confess. A big one is his ongoing concern that the controversy might start hurting Livestrong. Another is the icy reception he's received in the media and public in the face of overwhelming evidence that he not only lied for years to deny his involvement in doping, but attacked other cyclists who cooperated with anti-doping officials.

An investigation is underway in Europe to explore Armstrong's relationship with the International Cycling Union (UCI), and how UCI might have enabled or aided Armstrong's doping ring. If Armstrong provided assistance to that investigation, it likely would be considered in reducing his ban.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2013 19:47 #26 by homeagain
I'm SO NOT impressed with this bogus attempt at "saving face"........should have done it a LONG time ago. His credibility/integrity has
been damaged BEYOND repair. It cheapens the sport/his foundation/and ALL the good he has accomplished. His adamant denial for
OVER a decade is seared into my mind, playing the system for that long and thinking he could "beat" the drug charges.JMO

15 Jan 2013 06:18 #27 by homeagain
I will be watching the Winfrey interview......I want to see just HOW this long standing LIE will be explained away. JMO

15 Jan 2013 07:05 #28 by FredHayek
The coverup was almost worse than the crime. People who came forward to tell the truth that he was doping had their lives ruined with lawsuits and being bullied by both Lance and his followers.

It is good to see Lance have to suffer for the cheating and the lies.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2013 01:00 #29 by Rockdoc
It is all about trying to rescue an image.

16 Jan 2013 05:52 #30 by homeagain
NOT going to happen.....he has burned TOO many people and THEY know what he is about.....narcissistic,bordering on pathological liar. :angry:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds