× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos Vs. Ravens 1/12/2012 Sat 20F

12 Jan 2013 18:21 #11 by archer

Rockdoc wrote: Blame helps no one. .

It helps me.....I get to vent, loudly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2013 18:23 #12 by ScienceChic
Did anyone else hear that Nate Silver called for the Patriots to make it to the Superbowl? I'm still hoping he's wrong, but with his track record...

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/na ... _20130110/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2013 18:32 #13 by Rockdoc
It is time for an interception and then for Denver to kick a field goal.

12 Jan 2013 18:46 #14 by Rockdoc
Well, the wrong team intercepted.

12 Jan 2013 18:47 #15 by ScienceChic
Well that sucked.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2013 19:03 #16 by otisptoadwater
All things considered I think it is remarkable that the Broncos did as well as they did, it takes time to assemble a team and get the Offense and Defense firing on all cylinders. Manning did a great job and look back at last season in comparison shows progress.

I'll be a little less Football obsessed but I'm still going to watch all of the remaining games and now I'm a temporary Packers fan (NO, I'm not wearing that Cheese head hat no matter what!).

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

12 Jan 2013 19:17 #17 by Rockdoc

archer wrote:

Rockdoc wrote: Blame helps no one. .

It helps me.....I get to vent, loudly

LOL Point taken.

12 Jan 2013 19:25 #18 by Rockdoc

otisptoadwater wrote: All things considered I think it is remarkable that the Broncos did as well as they did, it takes time to assemble a team and get the Offense and Defense firing on all cylinders. Manning did a great job and look back at last season in comparison shows progress.

I'll be a little less Football obsessed but I'm still going to watch all of the remaining games and now I'm a temporary Packers fan (NO, I'm not wearing that Cheese head hat no matter what!).

You are trying to deal with your disappointment in a positive way. We had that feel good story during the season, but as any player will confide, you do NOT want to let an opportunity slip through your fingers. Denver did just that. It slipped through their fingers and a similar march positive Denver march through the regular season next year or a return to the playoffs is not a sure thing. Denver wasted a precious opportunity and allowed that to happen on their home filed. Countless dumb penalties, blown defensive coverage, and two interceptions are at the heart of Denver's failure. Furthermore, I think we did not serve ourselves well by claiming the number 3 seed and a week off. Obviously that is speculation.
I'm pissed about lost opportunity and then end of real interest in football for the year.

12 Jan 2013 19:44 #19 by archer
If we didn't care so much, we wouldn't be so deeply disappointed. I love football, I love the Broncos......the season ended way too early. But, on to the next games, I hope to see San Fran do well with their rookie
QB, and I would love to see Houston beat New England.

12 Jan 2013 21:08 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Broncos Vs. Ravens 1/12/2012 Sat 20F
Here were the mistakes that cost the game.

Missed field goal. What was that about?
Bailey had the worst game I have ever seen him play.
Raheim Moore is awful. That play was the worst play I have ever seen.
Then FOX after all this has to just a FG to win and gives up to now now have to get a FG and let the other team get one.
Then the Int.
Then FOX has a chance to at least try to ice the kicker and passes on that too. I am telling you FOX has issues.

We made more mistakes than they did. It was an awful thing to watch. I do hate first week byes too.
I also think we would have won had there not been the cold. Seeing a QB play with gloves is something I have never seen before. I don't know why he could not play with out them but damn that was hard.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds