× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos Vs. Ravens 1/12/2012 Sat 20F

12 Jan 2013 21:27 #21 by FredHayek
Exciting game to watch. Just didn't turn out the way I wanted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2013 21:28 #22 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Broncos Vs. Ravens 1/12/2012 Sat 20F
The networks had to have loved it.

12 Jan 2013 21:38 #23 by CinnamonGirl
Everybody shares the blame, but coach John Fox should get more than his share for his conservative approach.

Read more: Woody Paige: Conservative John Fox brings Broncos to their knees - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2236 ... z2HpKdKqga
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Fox did this last year too. I agree with woody.

After the Ravens shocked a bitterly cold crowd with a 70-yard balloon bomb from Joe Flacco to Jacoby Jones, with just over half a minute to go, to tie the game for the fifth time, at 35-35, the Broncos had the ball at their 20-yard line, had two timeouts and had the quarterback who had produced more winning drives in the fourth quarter than anybody else who ever played the game.
What did Fox choose to do?
He had Manning take a knee.

12 Jan 2013 21:48 #24 by LadyJazzer
As far as I'm concerned they lost the game in the 4th quarter when they had a 3rd-&-7 situation about 20+ yards from the goal line, and they could have gone ahead by 7 points. Instead of letting Manning throw for the 7 yards and get the first down, Fox told him to "play it safe", and they ran somebody up the middle for 1-2 yards, and then punted it away. THAT was the end of the game right there.

Yeah, rotten luck with the interception in overtime, and the field goal, etc... But they had a chance to WIN IT in the 4th quarter, and not even go to overtime...and they blew it.

Stupid coaching...

12 Jan 2013 22:53 #25 by archer
They were playing not to lose in the 4th quarter, and that rarely turns out well. Play to win.

13 Jan 2013 06:35 #26 by CinnamonGirl
Agree with you both. I will go back to the Pats game last year in the playoffs when Fox had the same game plan after getting killed in the first game in the regular season. I think coaching had alot to do with it. In the playoffs it is about who makes the least amount of mistakes. But Archer you are so right.

13 Jan 2013 06:47 #27 by LOL
:faint: :sadKeenex:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Jan 2013 08:09 #28 by FredHayek
Since the Ravens were originally the Cleveland Browns is yesterday a little playback for both the Drive and the Fumble?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds