× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Av's Home Opener

22 Jan 2013 19:25 #1 by otisptoadwater
Just watched the team intro and it looks like the Can is full, tickets are selling and there seems to be plenty of fan enthusiasm despite the strike.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2013 20:05 #2 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Av's Home Opener
Just glad hockey is back it is our favorite sport to watch.

Already sold all of our extra tickets and since we have held a 14 game pack since they were at McNichol's they were very generous with where our seats are this year.

Go Av's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 Jan 2013 20:11 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Av's Home Opener
I love NHL hockey but I will also admit that the strike pissed me off and I'm angry at the players and the owners for letting it eat into the season. I'm also unhappy with many of the rule changes, it's not the same game I came to know and love way back when.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Jan 2013 21:04 #4 by HappyCamper
Agree, but still love hockey and hope things with the players and owners will not happen again.

We have more than once sent an email to the AV's during all of this telling them how they are hurting the game and it is the fans who back them that lose. Never got an email back but it did make us feel better sending it.

Not so sure that we will feel the same if this happens again it is so hard but who knows we will take it should it come again and decide.

Love all of our Colorado teams just love some of them more than others.

It is 1 to 1 now so still say GO AV"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 Jan 2013 21:12 #5 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Av's Home Opener
The Av's and Nug's are third and fourth in my priority of fan support, I'm a Broncomaniac and a Rockies fan first and second. All cards on the table, I'm still an Av's fan but I'm frustrated with the players and owners and another strike will be one too many.

23 Jan 2013 15:49 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Av's Home Opener
Personally I like the shorter seasons. The games have more meaning. Loved the short NBA season last year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2013 17:25 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Av's Home Opener
I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money to watch a game. I'll stick with my DU Pioneers season tickets :hockey: and enjoy the college students' antics in the endzone (and trying to guess which are already drunk or high!) :smoking: :drunk:

I agree that the seasons have gotten too long too, same as baseball and basketball - they shouldn't all overlap as much as they do now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jan 2013 16:08 #8 by IrvWeinstein
Replied by IrvWeinstein on topic Av's Home Opener
Used to see the greats, Orr, Richard, Howe, Hull, Espisito Brothers, Plante, Dryden, the French Connection, it was truely an exciting game but evolved away from that. I have only been back to the can since the last lockout if I was offered free corporate tickets. After this lockout I won't even accept them. I have memories and some DVD's when the game was truely great.

There can be 10 fans to replace me, I could care less so long as none of MY cash is going to support this BS that just occurred. Yes it's a business but I do business all day long, if I want entertainment, I don't need a reminder that it's bsuiiness by seeing theri "dark side". You can call me "not a true fan", I could care less, funny thing though my money spends the same as a true fan's money.

I have other live hockey options here in the Denver area and I can watch one of my vintage DVD's when the game was really good so I feel no loss. Rolex 24 at Daytona is this weekend and after that motorsports season starts opening up som I have my fix.

24 Jan 2013 18:57 #9 by HappyCamper
Before the Av's we watch DU and the Grizzlies they were a lot of fun too.

I will have to say there was nothing like being there when they won the Stanley Cup in Denver!!! I took about 100 or more pictures and got tears when Joey and Ray Borque raised that cup up.

We do the 14 game pack as with living up here in the mountains it is hard to get down to town but if you are a 14 game pack holder you get rights to all the play-offs which we share with those that buy tickets from us.

I am still just glad hockey is back it is a lot of fun.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds