× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

girls softball in LA

28 Jan 2013 09:08 #1 by Blazer Bob
I do not think I can embed this video and I think it stinks that I have to write something about it. So I will try and cheat the system and quote someone else regarding the video at the link.

Comment:"from KABC-TV in Los Angeles from last week (just 2 minutes long), about how the Los Angeles Unified School District shut down a girls softball tournament because they didn’t have the proper permits. This tournament has been run on school grounds for several years with just verbal permission from school principals, but this year the tourney was informed that it needed a permit. Only one problem: when they applied for the permit, they were told that they were too late to get one. Apparently it was impossible for any of the six-figure educrats at LAUSD (they have something like 200 administrators in the school bureaucracy in LA who make over six figures) to expedite a permit. So instead they sent one of their educrats to shut down the tourney while it was in progress on Martin Luther King Day (no irony here). Watch the educrat explain (or rather not explain) to the TV reporter that he had to shut down the tourney,"

Link to the comment: http://feeds.powerlineblog.com/~r/power ... merica.php

Link to the KABC report: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=8963198

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2013 09:43 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic girls softball in LA
Works for me. I just hate thread titles and then a link or video as the only thing in the dialog. Just me. I am so high maintenance.

28 Jan 2013 12:19 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic girls softball in LA

pacamom wrote: Works for me. I just hate thread titles and then a link or video as the only thing in the dialog. Just me. I am so high maintenance.

I agree... I like getting the meat of the topic through a couple paragraghs without going to the site removing popups.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

28 Jan 2013 15:25 #4 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic girls softball in LA
Well, that's total crap. I can't tell if it is a California thing or not.

28 Jan 2013 18:17 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic girls softball in LA
I'm guessing Lawyers, bureaucrats, administrators, or someone wearing a suit and tie were involved.

Good thing this outrageous game of fun and healthy exercise was terminated and the softball field was rescued. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 Jan 2013 19:17 #6 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic girls softball in LA

I'm guessing Lawyers, bureaucrats, administrators, or someone wearing a suit and tie were involved.

Otherwise known as asshats rule.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds