× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Here we go again!

02 Aug 2010 13:35 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.theonion.com/articles/bengal ... -or,17813/

CINCINNATI—The Bengals reached a contract agreement with wide receiver Terrell Owens Tuesday, signing the outspoken six-time Pro Bowler to an excruciating one-year ordeal worth $2 million plus bonuses. Under the terms of the ordeal, Owens could earn up to $2 million more if, while tormenting fans, teammates, and coaches during what is sure to be an excruciating season, he finishes with more than 60 catches, 1,300 receiving yards, and 14 touchdowns. "I'm excited to start doing my thing right away," said Owens, who is expected to report to Bengals training camp as soon as the ordeal is approved by Commissioner Goodell, who reportedly shook his head in disgust upon hearing that Owens would be returning for a 15th NFL season.

The Bengals have yet to issue an apology.

My Bengals have sunk to a new low.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2010 14:35 #2 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Here we go again!
You get your sports news from the Onion?

(Although I heard it is true....the two wideouts for the bengals WILL be entertaining....)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

02 Aug 2010 14:40 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Here we go again!
This is very old news but no less as odd. I really don't see how they can play nicely together. I have never seen two narcissists get along.

02 Aug 2010 15:27 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Here we go again!
Ochocinco and TO are best buds - #85 has been lobbying for years to get him signed on with the Bengals. (Renegade - I get my news from TMZ, who first reported this story back when it was being denied by all the traditional sports outlets!). I don't see any prima donna behavior from TO in that regard - he knows he's second fiddle with his diminished skills - I just see it as a waste of money and slot for an up-and-coming receiver who has more potential. TO's not gonna get the Bengals to the playoffs, he's only going to fill seats and Brown's pockets. Ugh.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Aug 2010 23:04 #5 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Here we go again!

Science Chic wrote: Ochocinco and TO are best buds - #85 has been lobbying for years to get him signed on with the Bengals. (Renegade - I get my news from TMZ, who first reported this story back when it was being denied by all the traditional sports outlets!). I don't see any prima donna behavior from TO in that regard - he knows he's second fiddle with his diminished skills - I just see it as a waste of money and slot for an up-and-coming receiver who has more potential. TO's not gonna get the Bengals to the playoffs, he's only going to fill seats and Brown's pockets. Ugh.

Man, I love CAPITALISM!!!

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds