× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Favre: Here we go again AGAIN!

03 Aug 2010 16:07 - 04 Aug 2010 05:46 #1 by Photo-fish
Reports: Brett Favre plans to retire

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5433551

Brett Favre has retired twice before, only to return. Why should we believe he's really walking away this time?

I have always liked him, (especially as a Packer), but make up yer friggin mind already. If I was an owner I would have made him show up for all prctices so far. Make him compete for the spot just like anyone else. If he doesn't want to, well, there's the sunset, get ridin'.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2010 16:54 #2 by pinedust
Brett Favre saying that he is retiring is like Lindsay Lohan saying she's drug free.

03 Aug 2010 19:34 #3 by pinedust

03 Aug 2010 22:39 #4 by Local_Historian

pinedust wrote: Brett Favre saying that he is retiring is like Lindsay Lohan saying she's drug free.

rofllol

04 Aug 2010 00:56 #5 by ScienceChic
He's just trying to avoid training camp again. Watch that his ankle will be miraculously better by August 12th!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?related=1

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Aug 2010 09:31 #6 by The Viking
Now rumor is that they have offered him $20 million for one more year with $16 million guaranteed. That is $1 million per game. For that kind of money, his ankle will heal quick. Also a relative, I think an uncle said that he told them last night that he has not yet deicded for sure. Also a friend in Minn said that his wife has renewed her gym membership there in the Twin Cities for another year, AND they have put in their order to have their house here in MN decorated for Christmas (lights) this year too. He will be back.

04 Aug 2010 11:51 #7 by The Viking
He just came out and said he has made no decision and that if he is healthy, he will play. He will be back and the Vikings will win their first ever Superbowl!

04 Aug 2010 12:48 #8 by outdoor338
Favre: No decision; Bevell and agent say he'll play if healthy Brett Favre told the Star Tribune's Jim Souhan today that he hasn't made a decision and that he didn't send retirement texts to teammates. Also, the Vikings offensive coordinator and Favre's agent said the quarterback will play if his ankle allows...

04 Aug 2010 14:31 #9 by Nic at Night
From sports talk radio he just went from 12 mil t0 20 mil. Dumb as a fox?

04 Aug 2010 15:05 #10 by The Viking

Nic at Night wrote: From sports talk radio he just went from 12 mil t0 20 mil. Dumb as a fox?

Yes, and 16 million guaranteed. $1 million per game. Not bad for a 41 year old

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds