× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow As QB

10 Jun 2013 16:13 #1 by FredHayek
If anyone can make Tim an effective NFL QB, it is Belichek. I hope Tim gets to beat up on the Jets in at least one game.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2013 21:30 #2 by otisptoadwater
I'm a Tebow fan, he's a players player. Unless he gives up on himself or thinks he suddenly is owed tons of money to play the game I think he'll go far in the NFL. It's a shame that the Broncos didn't have the patience to cultivate Tim into the player he has the potential to be. The Jets wasted Tim's time but he'll land on his feet and it would be sweet if we get to watch him pound the Jets into the ground this fall.

Is Tim a good fit for the Patriots? Seems to me like the same deal the Jets cut; maybe the Patriots have a better plan to make the best use of his abilities? I guess we'll know more as training camp and the preseason approach.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Jun 2013 05:59 #3 by FredHayek
Imagine the Jersey sales! Will Timmay beat the Broncos this season?

11 Jun 2013 14:21 #4 by pineinthegrass
Why the hell isn't Tebow starting yet? lol

11 Jun 2013 14:24 #5 by FredHayek
The smart money says the Patriots have signed him as a practice QB for the defense. To prepare the team for spread/running QB's like RGIII and Colin Kapernick of the 49'rs.

19 Aug 2013 14:41 #6 by ScienceChic
Harsh, but true? I agree that Brady is old, injured, and overvalued and will be easy to replace; but, not a team leader? Not a winner?

Tebow may be a better athlete, but I'm still not convinced that he's a better football quarterback. Still, if anyone can improve him, it's Belichick. Time will tell!

Eight reasons the Patriots will dump Brady, start Tebow
Posted by: Otherwise
August 19, 2013

The coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick, is a football genius. His secret is simple: value. He sells overvalued older players, like Richard Seymour, who are on the downside of their careers, and buys undervalued players, e.g., Randy Moss, whom others have discarded.

Which is why you can expect Belichick to trade Tom Brady and start Tim Tebow.

Here’s why.

1. Brady is overvalued.
2. Old vs. young.
3. Tebow was a better college player than Brady.
4. Tebow is a winner.
5. Tebow is a leader, Brady is not.
6. Tebow is a better athlete.
7. It will be easier to replace Brady with a popular player.
8. Tebow is a better role model.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Aug 2013 15:52 #7 by BaconLover

Science Chic wrote: Harsh, but true? I agree that Brady is old, injured, and overvalued and will be easy to replace; but, not a team leader? Not a winner?

Tebow may be a better athlete, but I'm still not convinced that he's a better football quarterback. Still, if anyone can improve him, it's Belichick. Time will tell!

Eight reasons the Patriots will dump Brady, start Tebow
Posted by: Otherwise
August 19, 2013

I think if you have to teach your quarterback how to throw a spiral, you're in trouble!!

19 Aug 2013 17:59 #8 by deltamrey
EM ..... you got it....he may make a running back or end....but he has no arm. Sad. I hope Patriots actually let him play.....better for Denver over the season.

22 Aug 2013 15:53 #9 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Patriots Sign Tim Tebow As QB
it seems like, the more they try to fix his throwing mechanics, the worse he gets. he needs to stop thinking about technique, and go back to relying on his natural football instincts.

22 Aug 2013 16:58 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Patriots Sign Tim Tebow As QB

Argyle wrote: it seems like, the more they try to fix his throwing mechanics, the worse he gets. he needs to stop thinking about technique, and go back to relying on his natural football instincts.

Oh yeah..the 3 second wind up so people in the cheap seats know where he's gonna throw it before he throws it...Good idea

You know nothing about pro football

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds