× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos off the Field Problems 2013

23 Jul 2013 20:21 #1 by otisptoadwater

The Broncos are getting off to a rough start this season, DUIs for two front office personnel and Von Miller looking at a four game suspension for "substance abuse." Even so, bookmakers in Vegas favor the Broncos to with the Super Bowl.

"MGM Race and Sports book in Las Vegas puts the Broncos as co-favorites at 5-1 odds along with the 49ers, as published by the Denver Post.

Top Five Super Bowl Favorites (MGM)
Denver Broncos 5-1
San Francisco 49ers 5-1
New England Patriots 7-1
Green Bay Packers 7-1
Seattle Seahawks 10-1"

Read more: http://milehighsports.com/2013/02/04/denver-broncos-favored-to-win-super-bowl-in-2014/

I'm going to reserve judgement until later on in the regular season but I hope this will be a good season for the Broncos. I guess I'll have to hold of on my plans to wear my Miller jersey to work Thursday, too bad. I hope that Miller is successful in his appeal, he seems like a stand up guy but we all have our demons.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2013 09:52 #2 by FredHayek
I think the Broncos will have a tougher season than last year. The off the field issues I don't see them affecting the team, more worried about the Chargers and Chefs inproving. (I think the Raiders will have the worst record in the NFL this year.)

So is the 5-1 to get to the Super Bowl or win it? I think I will take the field on that bet. Peyton still needs to show me he can win in the the cold and win in the playoffs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jul 2013 19:18 #3 by otisptoadwater

FredHayek wrote: SNIP - I think the Raiders will have the worst record in the NFL this year.

I almost don't care which teams are winning as long as the Raiders are losing! The NFL preseason and the best parts of the year are drawing closer! I can't wait to be sitting in my favorite chair watching the Broncos with family and friends as the snow falls!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds