× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

24 Oct 2013 19:38 #521 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote: Start with Seattle tonight

WAIT JUST A DARNED MINUTE HERE!

SC..They kicked off at 6:00pm and the Seahawks were up by 7 points when this was posted?

He's past posting us!

Late betting or past posting is making a bet after the time when no more bets are to be taken. It is considered cheating; information may have become available, including the outcome of the event, that was not available to those making earlier bets.

The term past posting originates from horse racing where a bugler sounds a "call to the post" just before the race begins. This is also the signal that no more bets can be taken. Any bets made after that time occur after or past "the post".

In other forms of gambling, the dealer may announce "No more bets" or wave their hand over the table in a specific manner. In roulette game for example, past posting refers to placing a bet after the ball lands in a pocket. The player has to distract the dealer's attention to be able either to move the bet to or to place a bet on the winning number. Past posters in roulette games play in teams. According to most cheating strategies the player who succeeded in placing a past posting bet and did not get caught is to make a few more bets (now legal) and leave the table.[1]

This was more feasible in the days before live television or radio broadcasts of sporting events. It is featured especially in the 1973 film The Sting, which was set in 1936, as the basis for the successful con played on Doyle Lonnegan, played by Robert Shaw. In this case they used the wire transmissions of Western Union before they were made public to find results of already run races. In addition, Came a Hot Friday, set in 1949, and starring Peter Bland, showed a less elaborate practice of past posting, but in this case, the ruse all went wrong.

I just saw this. ROFLMAO!! You are the whiniest douche on the planet! And so COMPLETELY out of touch with reality. But we all know you are just a clown looking for people to laugh at him.

I see you in my rear view mirror and i can see you flippin out back there, but I can't hear you...

Viking......18-15-2...... .5454%
BD...........19-16........ .5429%

You are still behind me in winning percentage. But I wouldn't expect any more out of someone who 'claims' to be a professional but is barely over 50%.

So how about rather than wins we break this down to WINNING Percentage at the end of the year to figure out the winner.

Let's take a vote on it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2013 20:07 #522 by The Viking
Then it's decided! We will go by winning percentage rather than wins. Big Douche you are now behind me!

24 Oct 2013 21:11 #523 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Big Dougy wrote: Carolina

The ole master strikes again! And it looks like half the board tailed me on this selection

CHA CHING!

24 Oct 2013 22:06 #524 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Carolina

The ole master strikes again! And it looks like half the board tailed me on this selection

CHA CHING!

You are still trailing me percentage wise. You are in 4th behind me since we have decided to go with win percentage instead of wins.

25 Oct 2013 08:53 #525 by UNDER MODERATION
:rofllol youre like a little spastic yapping dog that no one listens too...

Oh..Here's the rest of my/your picks so you don't have to go back looking for them- :biggrin: You already took my Carolina pick

Green Bay
Seattle
Denver
Philly

Back to copy'ing everyone of my picks like you did (the last 8 weeks) the one other time I played this game, huh?

25 Oct 2013 08:59 #526 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: PrintSmith 0-5

What happened to "i'll probably only hit on about 70%, not enough to win the contest"

:rofllol One of the all time dumbest most ignorant statement ever made here, and thats saying a lot. You righties contantly blather on about things you know nothing about.

25 Oct 2013 09:04 #527 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Carolina +1 was an easy pick, and I picked them last week too. The rest are harder. (Seattle looks good though)

Shanny is going to beat Denver too, for revenge. You heard it here first!

Peyton's ankle is sore too, lots to consider.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Oct 2013 09:20 #528 by UNDER MODERATION

LOL wrote: Carolina +1 was an easy pick, and I picked them last week too. The rest are harder. (Seattle looks good though)

You guys don't get it, there is no such thing as an easy pick, if there was you'd be out in Vegas putting 50 or 100k on just the "easy picks".... A lot of people try that, they end up living in the sewer tunnels under the city

25 Oct 2013 09:21 #529 by UNDER MODERATION

LOL wrote: Shanny is going to beat Denver too, for revenge. You heard it here first!

I'm flippin a coin, any idea on what its gonna be LOl

Heads or tails?

25 Oct 2013 09:21 #530 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
It was easy meaning the +1 spread was better than the more realistic -7, (Mr. Big time sports gambler)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds