× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Bengals. Steelers. MNF. Does it get any better? :)

16 Sep 2013 15:57 #1 by ScienceChic
[youtube:33ygsr87]
[/youtube:33ygsr87]

Make sure you look for this guy:
File Attachment:

A blast from the past...in honor of kicking Steeler ass tonight! WHO DEY BABY!!!!!
File Attachment:

A little more recent:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2013 17:27 #2 by ScienceChic
'Monday Night Football': Six things to watch
By Marc Sessler
September 16, 2013

The AFC North is a combined 1-5 to start the season, but Monday night's showdown between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals will help one team right the ship.

On paper, the Bengals (0-1) own the division's most talented roster, but Cincy was sloppy down the stretch in a season-opening loss to the Chicago Bears.

Pittsburgh (0-1) comes into the game filled with questions after Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers laid a massive Black and Gold egg at home in Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans.

Long story short: Something's gotta give. Here are six keys to Monday's affair:

read for more! :) There's a video too, if you're so inclined.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Sep 2013 18:45 #3 by otisptoadwater
I bet there's a big pot of chili-mac on the stove tonight at SC's place. How do you serve it SC? Three way, four way, or do you have some special variant known only to an inner circle of Bengals fans? What adult beverages pair well with chili-mac? Little Kings Cream Ale, Rolling Rock, Boone's Farm strawberry "wine"?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Sep 2013 19:32 #4 by ScienceChic
Miller Lite. Or PBR. We're high-class ya know! lol

I'm one of the outlier 'Nati natives who can't stand the chili. My parents are Gold Star fans, hate Skyline, and they eat it 3-way.

We had pizza - it's football night after all! Hubby makes a killer homemade crust. For our annual Superbowl party (held every year since we moved to CO in 2001), we've started making Skyline Chili dip the last couple of years. Friends of mine from Cinti were late last year and made it in time to get the very last bite left on the plate. It didn't make it through the 1st quarter. :)

16 Sep 2013 19:43 #5 by otisptoadwater
The whole Cincinnati chili thing never made any sense to me; If I want pasta I'll cook pasta, if I want chili I'll make chili. But I'll also put peanut butter and jalapenos on a bacon cheese burger, try it before you make that face and say "never"!

For me MNF is a good excuse to eat up the leftover ribs, chicken wings, and pulled pork from the Sunday night Broncofest. I hosted yesterday and even though I sent my little brother and his family home with a lot of food there's still two or three meals left.

Anywho, 10-3 Bengals and the Squealers look about as sharp as a marble so far. Best of luck to the Bengals!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Sep 2013 20:07 #6 by ScienceChic
I think it's just an excuse to add more calories. But hubby's considering entering the Big Chili Cook-off next year and maybe making a batch of Nati Chili - it'll be interesting to see how it goes over!

WTH was up with letting them make that big play to set up a TD? Grrrr.

16 Sep 2013 20:18 #7 by otisptoadwater
I have a few relatives left that still live in the Michigan UP, eating is a sport up there but pasta isn't the centerpiece. Beef roasts, steaks, loin, and a ton of spuds prepared every way you can imagine are the norm. Toss in a ham and a couple of smoked wild turkeys and you have a meal fit for 8 Otis sized men, the women, kids, and dogs never complain because there is always plenty of food left over despite the men being held off to eat last.

As for what the Bengals have done wrong in the first half, IMHO it's nothing they can't overcome in the second half as long as they get their "schtuff" wired together. No more off sides, no more 3 and outs.

16 Sep 2013 20:38 #8 by FredHayek
Go Cincy! I was born in Columbus! The Ohio State!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2013 20:47 #9 by otisptoadwater
17 to 10 and the Bengals are in charge. Looking better! Hold on for another quarter and a half.

16 Sep 2013 20:55 #10 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: Go Cincy! I was born in Columbus! The Ohio State!

:like: I always smile when the players introduce themselves from there - the only university that is so full of themselves that they have to force their graduates to never fail to say "THE Ohio State University".

otisptoadwater wrote: I have a few relatives left that still live in the Michigan UP, eating is a sport up there but pasta isn't the centerpiece. Beef roasts, steaks, loin, and a ton of spuds prepared every way you can imagine are the norm. Toss in a ham and a couple of smoked wild turkeys and you have a meal fit for 8 Otis sized men, the women, kids, and dogs never complain because there is always plenty of food left over despite the men being held off to eat last.

As for what the Bengals have done wrong in the first half, IMHO it's nothing they can't overcome in the second half as long as they get their "schtuff" wired together. No more off sides, no more 3 and outs.

We were meat and potatoes eaters too. I couldn't stand pasta as a kid (but Italian wasn't my mom's specialty, so no surprise). Pork chops, German sausage, and beef of any kind. A rare treat was getting some deer meat shared from the hunters who requested permission to hunt on our property - loved that!

I can't even imagine how much food your family must go through, Otis! :biggrin:

My boys are looking fired up - :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds