× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Bengals. Steelers. MNF. Does it get any better? :)

16 Sep 2013 21:12 #11 by MLB24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2013 21:13 #12 by FredHayek
Go Ginger Boy Dalton Go!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2013 21:17 #13 by otisptoadwater

I can't even imagine how much food your family must go through, Otis! :biggrin:

None of my brothers and brothers in law are much smaller than me, I'm 6'3" and 230 Lbs on a good day. We like to eat but kids and our wives and girlfriends always eat first. As a rule of thumb if you are hosting 25 people, cook for 50, plan for leftovers for 10 and send the majority of the leftovers home with those that don't live with the host. More often than not, there's plenty of food left over but 12 hours later (when the second and third Sunday game come to pass) the left overs evaporate, especially as my nephews go into their early teens (I'm not really hungry but let me have a few ribs and some wings as a snack...).

The bonus is when a game runs late and I have house guests over night, especially when the next day isn't a work/school day. I'll feed 'em breakfast and then start handing out saws and axes to build up the fire wood supply before they can escape back to Littleton. Have no doubt that the excessive calories get burned off well before lunch! According to my lil'bro the kids almost always sleep all the way home.

Meanwhile it's 17 to 10 Bengals and the Squealers still look like a heavily trod upon dog turd.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Sep 2013 21:22 #14 by MLB24

16 Sep 2013 21:24 #15 by ScienceChic

MLB24 wrote: WHO DEY!!!

:woo hoo: :wave:

otisptoadwater wrote: Meanwhile it's 17 to 10 Bengals and the Squealers still look like a heavily trod upon dog turd.

I knew there was a good reason I liked you Otis! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Sep 2013 21:31 #16 by ScienceChic
booyah! Take that Ben.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Sep 2013 21:50 #17 by otisptoadwater
Last minute scramble for the Squealers, too little too late in the game to make a difference. Congrats to the Bengals!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds