× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

How to make a Bengal's fan cry

20 Oct 2013 14:15 #11 by ScienceChic
YES!!!!!!!!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2013 14:18 #12 by ScienceChic
Okay, while I love games this close, my heart did not need that. Thank you Lions for the shanked punt that let us get in field goal range in 2 plays! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Oct 2013 08:39 #13 by FredHayek
They look like the winners in the AFC North, but time will tell.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Oct 2013 09:10 #14 by ScienceChic
It's all in the schedule. I knew they'd struggle last week against the Bills and figured they'd lose - for some reason we always lose to them no matter how bad they are. When they pulled out the OT win, when every other year they would've found a way to defeat themselves, I finally started to have faith that we could make it all the way this year - they've come together and finally started to believe in themselves. (Friends of mine are already planning on getting a box if the Bengals and Broncos make it to the AFC Championship and it's played here) :biggrin:

We lose to teams that we shouldn't lose to and beat teams that we shouldn't, leading to the fans' greatest frustrations - the greatness is there, they just need to believe it themselves. It looks like they finally have started to, hoping it continues!

Week 9 Oct 27 4:05PMEDT, Jets
Week 9 Oct 31 8:25PMEDT, AT Dolphins
Week 10 Nov 10 1:00PMEST, AT Ravens
Week 11 Nov 17 1:00PMEST, Browns
Week 12 BYE
Week 13 Dec 1 4:25PMEST, AT Chargers
Week 14 Dec 8 1:00PMEST, Colts
Week 15 Dec 15 8:30PMEST, AT Steelers
Week 16 Dec 22 1:00PMEST, Vikings
Week 17 Dec 29 1:00PMEST, Ravens

They have to potential to beat every one of these teams. I predict they'll go 6-3 (not going to give away which so I keep my advantage in the Pick 3/5!) and make it to the playoffs as the AFC North Champs.

22 Dec 2013 11:25 #15 by ScienceChic
They're making me suffer in the home stretch, but I'm still on track to meet my prediction when they win today and next week. My crystal ball tells me today's win will be close, within a field goal. But I'd still like to see some of these from my boys:

[youtube:296adbdk]
[/youtube:296adbdk]

:woo hoo:

22 Dec 2013 20:53 #16 by ScienceChic
Okay, the crystal ball's a little fuzzy, but got the most important part right! :woo hoo:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

22 Dec 2013 21:22 #17 by otisptoadwater
Congrats to the Bengals and their Tony the Tiger clad fans! The playoffs are going to be very interesting this year!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds