× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

RIP Bud Adams: Co-Founder of the AFL

21 Oct 2013 20:03 #1 by ScienceChic
The NFL has lost a giant. Thank you Sir, for your love of the game and bringing it to new levels for the rest of us to have enjoyed all these years. May you rest in peace, your legacy sealed.

Bud Adams, Tennessee Titans owner, dies at 90
By Gregg Rosenthal
Oct. 21, 2013

Professional football lost another one of its most influential architects on Monday. Tennessee Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr. passed away of natural causes at the age of 90 in his Houston home, the team announced Monday. Adams was the longest tenured owner in the NFL.

Fifty-four years ago, Bud Adams and Lamar Hunt held a joint press conference to announce the formation of the new American Football League. Adams, the co-founder of the AFL, pursued his passion for football every day until his passing on Monday.

"Bud Adams played a pivotal role in the growth of pro football as a pioneer and innovator," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

"He was a brilliant entrepreneur with a terrific sense of humor that helped lighten many a tense meeting. His commitment to the best interests of the game and league was unwavering, and his personal along with the team's impact in community relations and philanthropy set a standard for the NFL. Bud was truly a gift to the NFL.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2013 21:26 #2 by otisptoadwater
My condolences to Bud Adams family, friends and fans. He will be missed.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Oct 2013 08:44 #3 by FredHayek
Bud and Bum dying within weeks of each other and both 90. Giants of the game.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds