× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

The NFL is starting over with the Pro Bowl. *(About Time!)*

23 Oct 2013 09:58 #11 by FredHayek

Science Chic wrote: A few years ago, they actually moved the game date - it's now held the off week between the AFC/NFC Championship games and the Superbowl. I get why they did it - to help with ratings, but I don't care for it - I'd rather have football over with and go on vacation to Hawaii to watch a fun scrimmage and extend my football season just a little further so my withdrawal isn't so long. :biggrin: I'm guessing that the players would rather have it moved too, because anyone voted in whose team makes it to the Superbowl has to surrender their spot and miss the game. That sucks for them and us. I hope they would change it back to the way it was as part of this re-vamping effort, but it doesn't look like they are.

Have to agree there. How can you have an all-star game when the players from the top two teams in the league aren't going to play?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2013 10:11 #12 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Its kinda like a Boxing All Star event...Nobodies really gonna hit eachother- Here's what you we do..If the game generates 100 million dollars in after tax profits, and I say it does...Thats nothing to the 35 billion dollar NFL industry- thats probably a bad week for any game, but I say they give 50 million to the winning team..I think thats about 3/4ths of a million dollars per player..That might make them play- Or give them the whole 100 million the first few years until the game becomes so poular that its generating 500 million...... and everyones happy! Then they're makin the real money, the money they deserve

Have to agree there. How can you have an all-star game when the players from the top two teams in the league aren't going to play?

Its the only way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds