× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

The NFL is starting over with the Pro Bowl. *(About Time!)*

21 Oct 2013 21:52 #1 by ScienceChic
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea how I missed this story before - IAMSOEXCITED!

NFL, NFLPA announce significant changes to Pro Bowl
By Dan Hanzus
July 31, 2013

The NFL is starting over with the Pro Bowl.

The NFL and NFL Players Association announced radical changes to the format of the beleaguered All-Star game on Wednesday, eliminating the traditional AFC vs. NFC matchup in favor of a fantasy draft-like roster selection.

Pro Football Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will serve as alumni captains, choosing two rosters with the help of two NFL.com fantasy users.

I like the other changes they've made, I hope this makes it not such a dumb game (I've never even bothered voting for players before).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2013 06:10 #2 by FredHayek
I don't think this will help. The Pro Bowl is only for the desperate NFL fan wanting one last football game after the Super Bowl. And if you bet it sign up for gamblers anonymous right now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2013 20:06 #3 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote: I don't think this will help. The Pro Bowl is only for the desperate NFL fan wanting one last football game after the Super Bowl. And if you bet it sign up for gamblers anonymous right now.

lol You act like its a big problem or something..If you don't like it, don't watch it Fred

22 Oct 2013 20:55 #4 by FredHayek

22 Oct 2013 21:17 #5 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote: I don't watch.

but youre still all upset about it?

lol

23 Oct 2013 08:29 #6 by FredHayek
Where is the upset? It is a meaningless game that the players don't want to play. They just want to get on the team for bragging rights and sometimes bonuses on their contract.
The players would prefer if the game was cancelled and they just got to play a golf tournament in Hawaii.

23 Oct 2013 08:39 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Maybe you should write your congressman Fred?

23 Oct 2013 09:19 #8 by FredHayek
The Pro Bowl, a made for TV event, isn't going away. This exhibition game outdraws regular season NHL and NBA games ratingswise. (You can fool some of the people all of the time into watching this dreck?)

23 Oct 2013 09:23 #9 by ScienceChic
A few years ago, they actually moved the game date - it's now held the off week between the AFC/NFC Championship games and the Superbowl. I get why they did it - to help with ratings, but I don't care for it - I'd rather have football over with and go on vacation to Hawaii to watch a fun scrimmage and extend my football season just a little further so my withdrawal isn't so long. :biggrin: I'm guessing that the players would rather have it moved too, because anyone voted in whose team makes it to the Superbowl has to surrender their spot and miss the game. That sucks for them and us. I hope they would change it back to the way it was as part of this re-vamping effort, but it doesn't look like they are.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2013 09:40 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
Its kinda like a Boxing All Star event...Nobodies really gonna hit eachother- Here's what you we do..If the game generates 100 million dollars in after tax profits, and I say it does...Thats nothing to the 35 billion dollar NFL industry- thats probably a bad week for any game, but I say they give 50 million to the winning team..I think thats about 3/4ths of a million dollars per player..That might make them play- Or give them the whole 100 million the first few years until the game becomes so poular that its generating 500 million...... and everyones happy! Then they're makin the real money, the money they deserve

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds