× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Football in a Snow Globe - Lions @ Eagles

08 Dec 2013 11:36 #1 by otisptoadwater
Wow, not very often that an NFL game goes on during a blizzard! There has to be 4 inches of snow on the ground and it's coming down hard! Fun to watch, especially while sitting in my favorite arm chair next to the wood stove.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2013 11:50 #2 by pacamom
Thanks for the heads up! This is how football should be played.

08 Dec 2013 12:17 #3 by otisptoadwater
Similar conditions, just not as much snow on the fields for Vikings @ Ravens and Chiefs @ Redskins.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Dec 2013 12:35 #4 by JMC
Loving it!

08 Dec 2013 13:38 #5 by Photo-fish
Now that's football!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Dec 2013 14:09 #6 by FredHayek
Fun to watch, and more high scoring than usual for a snow game.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Dec 2013 14:18 #7 by ScienceChic
Whoo-hoo! My boys won and Cleveland is kicking New England's ass! :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Dec 2013 14:20 #8 by ScienceChic
And Minnesota just reclaimed a lead over Baltimore and Miami just extended their lead over Pittsburgh - I may have to open a bottle of bubbly for such a good day! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Dec 2013 14:25 #9 by ScienceChic
WHEW! I was screaming at the TV for that last play by the Steelers. Crazy!

08 Dec 2013 18:09 #10 by Photo-fish
Packers won too!!! :woo hoo:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds