× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

any traditional archers around?

02 Jan 2014 14:23 #1 by bailey bud
I just got a taste of traditional archery ---- and wow - I'm excited.

I started with my son's recurve --- but moved over to a friend's long-bow.

Am thinking the gun will stay in the locker next fall ---- will chase an elk with a bow, instead.

Also ran into a great source for traditional archery gear ---

https://www.rmsgear.com

Big benefit ---- you don't run out of ammo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2014 17:34 #2 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic any traditional archers around?
Yep..I mastered it about 6 years ago, but you do know that you gotta get right next to the animal in order to shoot it right? If you want to hunt in the fall, I suggest you get on a treadmill today and everyday between now and then.

04 Jan 2014 10:17 #3 by ScienceChic
Check with archer or Grady - I think both have used long-bow.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jan 2014 11:03 #4 by Freezeman
The "Master" Knows yet questions what he knows to be true. LOL I think you are just a master of baiting.

06 Jan 2014 17:56 #5 by Unpopular Poster

Freezeman wrote: The "Master" Knows yet questions what he knows to be true. LOL I think you are just a master of baiting.

Starting hunting in 92 when I moved here and after 15 years had progressed to the hardest form. Once I mastered every aspect, I got boared. We havent hunted in 5 years..I got a lot of preference points for Moose, Ram and Antelope I haven't used yet

06 Jan 2014 18:16 #6 by archer
I shoot strictly compound bow, so I can't be much help. Bear Creek Archery would be a good source, they're on Knox right off 285

07 Jan 2014 08:12 #7 by Blondie

Super Malta wrote:

Freezeman wrote: The "Master" Knows yet questions what he knows to be true. LOL I think you are just a master of baiting.

Starting hunting in 92 when I moved here and after 15 years had progressed to the hardest form. Once I mastered every aspect, I got boared. We havent hunted in 5 years..I got a lot of preference points for Moose, Ram and Antelope I haven't used yet

Did that hurt?

07 Jan 2014 09:28 #8 by Unpopular Poster
BTW-We never did Black Power, I dion't see the point in that

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds