× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

It's Only Weird if it Doesn't Work!

17 Jan 2014 21:52 #1 by otisptoadwater
Pre-game/game day rituals, what do you do to prepare when your favorite team is about to play a critical game? Make it to the play offs? CRAZY STUFF IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!!

The Toadwater's have some specific rituals during the Broncos regular season:

Pre-game:

- Grub. Breakfast/brunch must include blue and orange pancakes, eggs prepared in any manner a person could want, bacon, sausage, and ham steaks along with copious hash browns and/or home fries.

- Attire. Broncos jerseys or t-shirts required. Only dogs are exempt because it's weird to put people clothes on dogs.

- Beverages. An adequate supply of kid friendly and adult beverages must be stockpiled and chilled well before game time.

During the game:

- More grub. There must be an adequate supply of hot wings, blue cheese dressing, carrots and celery sticks. A variety of charcuterie, cheeses, breads and crackers along with some hot mustard such as Löwensenf is required.

- Cheering and other loud verbal outbursts (when the Broncos botch a play). Opponent has the ball and makes an incomplete pass? Chant along with the crowd at the stadium; IN-COM-PLETE! Get on your feet! Watch the game standing up! Adults in one room so the foul words don't scorch the crumb crunchers ears. Anyone under 16 in another room and not necessarily watching the game. Dogs outside unless the weather prohibits leaving them outside for 3+ hours.

Half time:

- Even more grub. Pot of green chili with pork, tortillas and shredded cheddar.

Post game assessment:

- Did we win? Great! Did we lose? Not so good. Who needs to spend the night and go home tomorrow? Get that last step right, cars and stuff can be replaced, people not so much.

[marquee:xuldjsjh]G O B R O N C O S ! ! ![/marquee:xuldjsjh]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2014 18:15 #2 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic It's Only Weird if it Doesn't Work!
You take an corny advertising slogan and try to make a thread about it?

I don't have any "rituals", its just a football game and even though I bet hundreds and thousands of dollars on them, and make my living selling predictions on them, one game is not going to change my life in any way..

#birdbrain

19 Jan 2014 08:41 #3 by ScienceChic
My only ritual is putting on my Bengals jersey, I don't want to make too big a deal of anything I do, eat, or say so I don't have to do all that for the rest of my life (I try to keep it simple). :biggrin:

Back when all my Cinti friends and I lived in the same place and were doing Fantasy Football, we always got together for Monday Night Football - I miss those days...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds