× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

US defeats Russia 3-2 in Olympics hockey preliminary round

15 Feb 2014 16:40 #1 by otisptoadwater
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./660/371/Sochi%20Olympics%20Ice%20Hockey.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Although the game had little impact on the medal race in Sochi, the finish woke up the echoes of a U.S.-Russia rivalry best known for the "Miracle on Ice" at Lake Placid in 1980, when a team of American college students stunned the Soviet Olympic team.

The sociopolitical impact of that game is long gone, and the nations have already met three previous times in the Olympics since NHL players joined the games in 1998. Several players on both teams are teammates in the NHL, and this result only helped determine positioning for next week's elimination games.

But the Sochi Games are extraordinarily important to the Russian players, and the arena was packed to overflowing with fans of both nations jovially posing for photos and comparing their colorful sweaters. The Russians waved hundreds of flags, blew horns and banged drums from the first moments of warm-ups.

Read more http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/15/quick-in-goal-again-as-us-faces-russian-hockey-rivals/

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2014 17:35 #2 by ScienceChic
I watched the shoot-out, it was spectacular!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds