× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Will Tebow Come Back to Play in Denver?

24 Feb 2014 08:43 #1 by ScienceChic
The answer is yes, definitely ready for more football - to not have to wait 7 months for my favorite sport?! Yeah baby!

Paige: Tim Tebow could return to Denver to play in a new pro league
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/23/2014

A new spring, outdoor professional football league has been created and financed. Tebow's reps have been approached about the former Broncos QB playing in the league, and a franchise most likely will be awarded soon to Denver. ESPN, which now employs The Big Tebowski, will televise league games.

The A-11 Football League is officially open for business and has scheduled its inaugural championship game for July Fourth weekend in 2015.

The A11FL's plan, McKibben said, is to complement, not compete with, the NFL. "We're not making mistakes other leagues did. We always will be a spring league," the former newspaper publisher and Rose Bowl executive director said.

"We would love to have Tim Tebow join our league. We have talked with his lawyer, and his agent, and we have made an offer," which includes a piece of team ownership.

Are you ready for some more football, Denver?

Read more: Paige: Tim Tebow could return to Denver to play in a new pro league - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2520 ... z2uFpAotmR
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2014 08:49 #2 by FredHayek
I really think the NFL is missing out on not starting a summer minor league. Each team would get another team in the same town or a nearby one like Colorado Springs where they could draw people from when injuries hit the teams in the fall.
And depending on ticket price, I would probably go see Tebow play football in the offseason.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Feb 2014 19:44 #3 by otisptoadwater
I was all over Elway's arena team when it came to be but that game is no where near the same game as traditional NFL football. I'm interested to see how this develops and I can't lie, I'm a football junkie so this part of the year sucks for me. Having Tebow come back to town would be great but I think he's got more potential and should be an NFL player, not a minor league star. Adding insult to injury is this years Olympics, a sad Men's Olympic Hockey team, and the stoppage of the NHL while the Olympics took place. Too soon for baseball but not too soon for a road trip to see the Rockies in Spring training but that means time off from work and laying out a lot more cash than it would cost to have a fun day at Coors Field.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds