× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Raiders On The Move?

07 Mar 2014 11:53 #1 by FredHayek
Portland wants the Raiders to move from Oakland. They are playing in an old stadium that the city can't afford to keep up. The A's general manager (who play there too) was just heard complaining about the open sewage in the arena. The A's had tried to move to San Jose a couple years ago but the MLB didn't let them go.

At this point, I think it would help the team be much more competitive. Oakland just doesn't support the team any more.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2014 18:08 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Raiders On The Move?
Hmm, the Portland Raiders? I'm just not feeling it... If it happens it happens, it won't end my hatred for the team no matter what city they land in. It seems appropriate to me that the Raiders are in Oakland in a dilapidated facility; I have no love for the Raiders and I'll openly admit it!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Mar 2014 10:43 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Raiders On The Move?
Portlandia is a bit of a hippy town, would the Raiders go from silver and black to tie-dye?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds