× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Congrats to DU Mens Hockey - on to Championship!

24 Mar 2014 16:41 #1 by ScienceChic
DU defeated Miami this past weekend to win the National Collegiate Hockey Conference and make it to Regionals. Now it's on to Boston!

Frei: DU's Jim Montgomery has junior in common with Patrick Roy
By Terry Frei
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/24/2014

DU has rebounded from a rocky first regular season under Montgomery to win the National Collegiate Hockey Conference playoff tournament championship and is headed to the NCAA Northeast Regional as the No. 15 overall seed to face No. 2 Boston College on Saturday.

"I have to say that the experience of winning as a player and as a coach in junior, it allows you to know what to say to your players, about how to excel in big-time games," Montgomery said Saturday after the Pioneers beat Miami (Ohio) in the NCHC title game in Minneapolis. "That experience, I drew on. I've been telling our players to focus in the moment and focus on execution and our process that gives us success."

Read more: Frei: DU's Jim Montgomery has junior in common with Patrick Roy - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_25406 ... z2wvGGyIz6
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds