× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Michael Sam/ Homosexual NFL Player Gets Reality Show!

14 May 2014 17:18 #1 by FredHayek
On Oprah's network. Seventh round draft pick.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2014 18:56 #2 by Blazer Bob

14 May 2014 20:53 #3 by ScienceChic
I'm guessing they won't get too much access with the NFL, but it should be an interesting journey to watch unfold.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/14/michael-s ... say-lohan/

Oprah Winfrey Network to produce Michael Sam documentary
By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer
May 14, 2014

Said Sam in that same statement: “Like every player out there working to make a team right now, my focus is on playing football to the very best of my ability. I am determined. And if seeing my story helps somebody else accept who they are and to go for their dreams too, that's great. I am thankful to Oprah for her support and excited to work together.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2014 21:56 #4 by Blazer Bob

It is already an interesting journey.

15 May 2014 06:45 #5 by FredHayek
Because he is the first is why Sam is getting so much attention. And it will be nice when it just doesn't matter when a homosexual gets drafted in any sport.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 May 2014 08:35 #6 by ScienceChic
He's not the first gay player, he's the first openly gay player. There's a distinction there and it's huge. Times have indeed changed. As George Takei observantly remarked, not one complaint was about it being interracial. Remember our history.

I too look forward to the day when this isn't a big deal and we can discuss their quality as players without the personal life distraction; not because it isn't important, but because we as a society have grown up some more.

The Kiss Seen Round The World
Why Everyone Should Examine Their Reactions To Men Kissing Men
By George Takei
May 16, 2014

It wasn’t long ago that the kiss would have been highly controversial if Sam’s boyfriend instead were a white woman. Indeed, the first black/white kiss on network television was on Star Trek between Kirk and Uhura, and it caused quite an uproar. The ick factor then was much higher. Back when I was young, it was illegal for me to marry a white woman, and now I’m married to a white dude. Times change, and so do attitudes. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the Sam / boyfriend kiss is that no one complained about it being an interracial one.

I’m fairly sure next time an NFL player kisses his boyfriend on camera, it’s not going to get so many people’s panties in a bunch. Then we can finally start talking about how well they play football, and not whether they happen to be gay.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 May 2014 09:24 #7 by archer
The reality show has been put on hold, the Rams want Sam to concentrate on making the team, not be distracted by the show. And that is how it should be, saner minds have prevailed.

17 May 2014 14:50 #8 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: He's not the first gay player, he's the first openly gay player. There's a distinction there and it's huge. Times have indeed changed. As George Takei observantly remarked, not one complaint was about it being interracial. Remember our history.

I too look forward to the day when this isn't a big deal and we can discuss their quality as players without the personal life distraction; not because it isn't important, but because we as a society have grown up some more.

]

And Tebow?

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds