× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Colorado Rockies Current Slump, How Fans Can Support Them

10 Jun 2014 22:57 #1 by otisptoadwater
:smackshead: Good grief! The Rockies have taken a promising lead in the early season and turned it into a real mess, add on the injuries and it's not looking like a winning season. Still lots of baseball to play but it's going to require a 180 degree turn to even have a chance. Some seasons you just go to the ball park because it's fun to have some downtime and enjoy the amenities in the park.

I'll be at the game on 12 June 2014, (win or more than likely, lose) I'll be wearing my purple jersey and my favorite Rockies hat. If you have not been to Coors Field lately make a point to get there some time this summer and visit the Rooftop on top of right field. You can get Rooftop only tickets for $14.00 and it's a much better view of the field than you might think.

Get to the ball park and cheer on your team (you could even have some fun while you're there even if the Rockies don't win)!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2014 06:48 #2 by FredHayek
Parents are going to the day game this week. I need to get out there. Saw 20 games last year and only opening day this year. Tumor in Cargo's finger? Ouch.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jun 2014 12:16 #3 by ScienceChic
Bengals fan...we know all about slumps and droughts. LOL Hang in there, they'll win again!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jul 2014 08:28 #4 by FredHayek
20-8 in June, talk about a swoon, but current 2 game winning streak, and they have actually won a series at home versus the Padres.
I was thinking about catching one of the Twins games this weekend before the All-Star Break, boy, is summer flying by!

10 Jul 2014 09:57 #5 by ScienceChic
Yes it is.

How soon til football season? :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jul 2014 10:51 #6 by FredHayek

ScienceChic wrote: Yes it is.

How soon til football season? :P

September 4th!

10 Jul 2014 11:11 #7 by ScienceChic
Uh uh, Broncos training camp starts July 24th, and pre-season kicks off Aug 3rd!

11 Jul 2014 20:48 #8 by otisptoadwater
Hey! One sport at a time dag-nab-it! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NFL FOOTBALL PRE-SEASON TO START!! In the meanwhile the Rockies are having a good game tonight against the Minnesota Twins but it's only the top of the 7th inning so stay tuned...

Sit back, crack open a can or bottle of your favorite adult beverage and watch the rest of the ball game!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Jul 2014 21:07 #9 by FredHayek
Looks like the Rockies owner is melting down and going after fans and threatening to move the team. Then he retracts those threats.

11 Jul 2014 21:44 #10 by otisptoadwater
I suspect Dick Monfort had one of those "gee I should have thought about it before I replied" moments when he scolded the fan that complained about the Rockies 2014 season performance so far. I'm not a big business typhoon (obscure 1980's cartoon reference there - wooden nickel to the person who gets the answer right) and I can barely get my own dog to do my bidding but it occurs to me that a man like Mr. Monfort can afford to have a Customer Relations Representative or three and should allow that person or persons to process the hate mail and make replies to the general public.

On the other hand it's refreshing to see that some team owners are willing to take feedback directly from the public and reply honestly to those they care to respond to. Call me a crabby old fart (that's a pretty accurate description of who I am) but, if you don't like your local team then don't support them. Why send hate mail to the owner and demand better performance from the team when the sum total of your contribution to the team is the cost of a place to park your posterior in the stadium and the cash you fork over to the concessions at the ball park?

Gripe, bitch, and moan all you want to in public forums but don't loose site of the fact that as a fan of a team your input is of no real consequence either way. The owners and manager of the teams make the calls and coach the players, they have the ownership and direct communication with the players and they have the power to keep, trade, and bring in new talent. Anything fans post are suggestions and nothing more.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds