× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

NFL & Payola?

20 Aug 2014 08:13 #1 by FredHayek
NFL & Payola? was created by FredHayek
For years the NFL has refused to pay the music acts that play at the half time of the Super Bowl. Music acts didn't have a problem with this because they got a lot of free publicity, a possible audience of a billion people. Now the NFL thinks they can profit from this and want the musicians to start paying for this opportunity. Maybe they could even have bidding wars. Like the :nfl: needs more money! It would be nice if the money they made would go to the players pension fund.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2014 10:42 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic NFL & Payola?
I think the NFL is getting ridiculously greedy. I've been seeing a ton of backlash lately from artists, musicians, and writers, in general, who are seriously pissed off at all the free stuff they are asked to do for people/companies and they have a right to be angry; now the NFL wants to charge them for providing their musical services? Major Fail.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds