× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

04 Jan 2015 11:00 #581 by terbear
:chmptoast:

I am going for 0- 4. Baby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2015 14:54 #582 by ScienceChic
Yeah, same here. :unsure:

Another year, same old disappointment. Maybe, just maybe, we can hope for new Bengals coaching staff next year? We have the talent on the team, if the coaches can fix Dalton's turnover problem then he's good; if not, get rid of him already. This game was winnable, we just had to have a good game plan to adapt to our key missing players - the coaches failed in their duties. If it doesn't change at the top, then we can look forward to more of the same next year. Thanks guys for a good season and the hope and joy while it lasted. Mike Brown, do your damn job.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jan 2015 18:00 #583 by FredHayek
Poor Dalton. Four playoff games in his first four years and four losses.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jan 2015 20:22 #584 by The Viking
How can you blame it on the coaching staff? They have a mediocre QB who turns the ball over too much and chokes under pressure. And their top receiver was out 4 games this year and their 2nd best receiver out for the playoff game too. And they didn't really have a good back for the first 7 games. And they still got 11 wins. They need a REAL QB and better back up WR's.

04 Jan 2015 20:58 #585 by ScienceChic
Because Dalton's had this problem for 4 years now and the coaches have yet to fix it. If it's not fixable, then he should've been cut long before now - yes, we do need a QB who doesn't keep screwing up. As I mentioned in my post, this problem goes higher up than the coaches - this is the culture that Mike Brown the owner has fostered. He doesn't care about winning it all, only being successful enough to fill the seats. He'll keep on mediocre players and coaches if they manage to do "good enough" and he doesn't have to pay them much for it.

We went into this game after having played Indy already, we knew where our weaknesses were. We knew we had to put pressure on Luck or we didn't stand a chance, and we also knew our pass rush sucked. We had the best running back in the league, but our top two receivers were out. It didn't matter that we didn't have a good back for the 1st seven games, we made it to the playoffs and all that mattered was this one game. Our rushing yardage today was pathetic. We obviously didn't compensate well enough despite all that being obvious - to me, that points squarely at the coaches. The physical talent is there on this team, we just need the mental fortitude and the better preparation and game planning, and that comes from great coaching. But, this is only my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree. Either way, it's the same old, same old and I don't see anything changing...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Jan 2015 06:15 #586 by RenegadeCJ
Playoffs-Week 1 Results

Saturday, Jan 3

Arizona @ Carolina -4.5
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh -3

Sunday, Jan 4
Cincinnati @ Indy -4
Detroit @ Dallas -7

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

05 Jan 2015 06:30 - 05 Jan 2015 06:33 #587 by RenegadeCJ
Playoffs-Wildcard Round Standings (Ties in alphabetical order)
As always, let me know if I goofed up.

Flyoffthehandle 3-1 Overall 50-36-3
Freebird 2-2 Overall 49-38-2
Archer 2-2 Overall 47-40-2
Rick 1-3 Overall 47-40-2
Mtngirl 3-1 Overall 46-40-3
LOL 2-2 Overall 46-41-2
Pacamom 2-2 Overall 46-42-1
Pineinthegrass 2-2 Overall 45-42-2
Viking 2-2 Overall 45-43-1
Blondie 2-2 Overall 44-42-2
Swansei 2-2 Overall 43-43-3
Terbear 2-2 Overall 43-45-1
Computerbreath 1-3 Overall 41-46-2
Printsmith 1-3 Overall 41-46-2
Renegade 2-2 Overall 40-46-3
FredHayek 2-2 Overall 37-51-1
SC 1-3 Overall 34-54-1

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

05 Jan 2015 06:35 #588 by RenegadeCJ
Playoffs-Divisional round
www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx
PICK ALL 4 GAMES

Saturday, January 10
Baltimore @ New England -8.5
Carolina @ Seattle -11

Sunday, January 11
Dallas @ Green Bay -6.5
Indy @ Denver -7.5

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

05 Jan 2015 07:51 #589 by FredHayek
Ravens
Seattle
Green Bay
Indy

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jan 2015 08:41 #590 by swansei
Playoffs Division
Baltimore
Carolina
Dallas
Indy

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds