× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

18 Jan 2015 16:13 #631 by ScienceChic
Holy crap, can you believe that comeback???

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2015 19:41 #632 by Blondie

ScienceChic wrote: Holy crap, can you believe that comeback???

Nope, these games are a joke. These teams are supposed to be the best of the best? This is crazy Ind 7 NE 45.

:lightbulb: We should figure out a fun activity for Superbowl Sunday. :superluge: :icefishing: :gotcha:

18 Jan 2015 20:09 #633 by FredHayek
Crazy comeback! :lombardi: Patriots are two point underdogs for the Super Bowl.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2015 06:16 #634 by RenegadeCJ
Championship Round Results

Sunday, Jan 18th
Green Bay @ Seattle -7
Indy @ New England -7

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

19 Jan 2015 06:26 - 19 Jan 2015 12:20 #635 by RenegadeCJ
Playoffs-Championship Round Standings (Ties in alphabetical order)
As always, let me know if I goofed up.

Freebird 1-1 Overall 53-40-2
Flyoffthehandle 0-2 Overall 52-40-3
Archer 1-1 Overall 50-43-2
Rick 0-0 Overall 49-42-2
Pacamom 0-0 Overall 49-43-1
LOL 1-1 Overall 49-44-2
Pineinthegrass 1-1 Overall 49-44-2
Viking 1-1 Overall 49-45-1
Mtngirl 1-1 Overall 48-44-3
Swansei 1-1 Overall 47-45-3
Blondie 0-0 Overall 46-44-2
Terbear 1-1 Overall 45-49-1
Renegade 1-1 Overall 44-48-3
Computerbreath 1-1 Overall 44-49-2
Printsmith 1-1 Overall 44-49-2
FredHayek 0-0 Overall 40-52-1
SC 1-1 Overall 38-56-1

Wow. Actually going to come down to the Superbowl!!

If freebird is right, they win. If freebird is wrong, and Flyoffthehandle is right, Fly wins (due to one less loss).

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

19 Jan 2015 06:27 #636 by RenegadeCJ
Superbowl Opening Spread
www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

New England "@" Seattle -1

19 Jan 2015 09:50 #637 by swansei
Superbowl
New England

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

19 Jan 2015 10:01 #638 by ScienceChic
Renegade, I think I actually went 0-2, not 1-1. Knew I shoulda switched my picks, since I chose who I wanted to win. :biggrin:

Blondie, I agree with you - what an uninteresting game this will be. I'm looking forward to just socializing at my annual Superbowl party now, instead of actually watching the game. Hopefully the halftime show will be more fun!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Jan 2015 10:57 #639 by FredHayek

FredHayek wrote: Fun games to watch this weekend, especially the GB/Dallas contest.

I like Seattle and the Patriots, but I could see both teams upset. Patriots looked vulnerable against the Ravens and Aaron Rodgers might just be able to carry his team across the finish line.

Looks like I won on the Patriots and lost by one point on Seattle. If they had only been allowed to kick that extra point, millions of Seattle/Green Bay bets would have been pushes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2015 11:08 #640 by PrintSmith
Super Bowl

Seattle

I was hoping for a Green Bay vs Broncos game, but alas, both teams seem to be having trouble winning in the playoffs and advancing to the final dance these past few years. If I can't see my two favorite teams play the final game, I can at least root for the team led by a Badger . . .

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds