× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

I refuse to speculate on the game tonight...

06 Nov 2014 18:08 - 06 Nov 2014 18:09 #1 by ScienceChic
for fear of jinxing my boys. That being said...

GO BENGALS!

:td: :football: :bengalkitty :bengalsign: :bengalsplac :bengalplaye :whodey: :believe:

:biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2014 18:24 #2 by freebird
I hedged my bets!

06 Nov 2014 20:58 #3 by ScienceChic
You did good. The "We're not even gonna try" Bengals came to the stadium to [not] play tonight.

Ugh. Where's the scotch? :unsure:

:dislike:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Nov 2014 21:14 #4 by otisptoadwater
Can't win them all but the rivalries are hard to stomach when you're on the wrong side of the score.

Not to detract from he topic but the broncos are headed to the Black Hole on Sunday, even though the Raiders are a joke this season part of me is worried about the Broncos not keeping that game under control and coming out on top.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 Nov 2014 21:30 - 06 Nov 2014 21:50 #5 by FredHayek
Last time the Bengals lost at home was 2012. Since the Bengals lost so badly this week, they must be Democrats? :whistle:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Nov 2014 22:22 #6 by freebird
It's "fun" being the spoiler and the Raiders have that down this season. Should be interesting this weekend.

07 Nov 2014 07:18 #7 by FredHayek
Bengals, one of the worst performances by a QB in decades.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Nov 2014 11:03 - 07 Nov 2014 13:13 #8 by ScienceChic
Ugh, no kidding. And I think pineinthegrass has the pleasure of having him on his MMT Fantasy Football roster this year. :P

I'm considering writing the league and begging them to not schedule us for anymore prime time games...we obviously can't handle the pressure. Superbowl? It has to be played in the morning.

And it can't be televised.

LOL

Edit to add:
So I have to share what I posted on Facebook last night, since EM messaged me to just say he loves my sense of humor. LOL

My boy dares to say Go Browns to me after he learns who's playing. So I threaten to stab him with my fork. He says he's too pretty and young to die and I wouldn't really stab him would I? I look at him and simply say, "I know where you sleep" to which he attempts to cleverly reply, "And where is that?" Thinking I'll answer with a location.

My answer: Within reach.
His response: Eyes go wide.

Heehee

I'm still shaking my head that we lost to the damn Browns. I don't care how good they've become, we're still better than that. We beat ourselves. Erg.

And some day I'll teach my boy to be a loyal, non-fair-weather/bandwagon fan... :)

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds